Star Trek 2009 USS Enterprise model kit coming from Revell Germany

I'm not surprised. Revell did a lot of clear parts for their TOS Enterprise kit as well and from what I can see, they at least considered offering it with a lighting kit while they haven't done one yet. Lots of clear parts means a broader market for lighting... meaning potentially more kit sales. And if you look close at these test shots, the thickness of the parts is kept to a minimum to allow for ease of lighting without having to channel out too many areas for wiring to pass through.

Very nicely done!!! I'm getting at least two of these.

I'm hoping the styrene is either thicker than it looks or is somehow reinforced on the secondary hull pieces where the pylons meet the hull (the spot I've indicated here: ).

JJPrise_Test_Shot_zps9a5974c6.jpg

Even with the interior pylon/upper secondary hull piece providing extra support, it seems like that corner could potentially crack from supporting the weight of the warp engines over time. I guess we'll find out eventually.

I'm glad that they are finally moulded into the secondary hull as one piece. That should help a lot with the strength of it. Also a little JB Kwick to help reinforce it should do the trick.

April now, still can not find any real solid info on this kit. come across sites saying this got killed, some saying that this kit will be solid metal, another site; Korean I think, claimed that only 20 kits will be developed and sold... AHHH!!! the world (AKA the internet) hates me. does anyone else have any solid info on this kit?

Bitte schön. :D Since they're producing the kit, I figured they'd be a more reliable source of information than the misinformation-laden Interwebz.

CultTVman's store have the Revell Germany Voyager reissue (clear collector, limited edition version decals and open shuttle bay with shuttle) ,TOS Enterprise and the Klingon battle cruiser all 1/600 so maybe the new E from the movie will show soon?

Technically, the kit isn't licensed for sale outside of Europe. I'm not in the business, so I have no idea about how that might effect exporting the kit to North America, Asia, Australia, and so on, but I'd guess vendors around the world will make the kit available to their customers if they think it'll sell well enough.

Technically, the kit isn't licensed for sale outside of Europe. I'm not in the business, so I have no idea about how that might effect exporting the kit to North America, Asia, Australia, and so on, but I'd guess vendors around the world will make the kit available to their customers if they think it'll sell well enough.

If it's anything like kits that are only available in NA then you'll still be able to order them online no problem. Just they'll only be available from European vendors.

Love the movie as a movie (hate Abrams for destroying Star Trek lore), like the ship and will probably get the kit and give it to my builder friend to do it up (even though it signifies all that is wrong with the 'new' Star Trek).

Can you say mixed feelings?

Love the movie as a movie (hate Abrams for destroying Star Trek lore), like the ship and will probably get the kit and give it to my builder friend to do it up (even though it signifies all that is wrong with the 'new' Star Trek).

Can you say mixed feelings?
The 2009 Star Trek movie was Paramount's attempt at rebooting, and in the process reinvigorating, the franchise. In that regard it's neither "right" nor "wrong" compared to previous incarnations of Star Trek because it's a whole new ball game. It might be off-putting to long-time Trek fans because it isn't completely faithful to what came before, but Paramount didn't seem to be concerned about that--they wanted to create new fans (the "next generation", if you will :D) and I think they accomplished that. At the very least, the movie was successful enough for Paramount to produce a sequel.

You liked the movie, you like the ship; buy it, get it built, enjoy it, and forget the mixed feelings.

Mixed feelings are watching your mother in law going over a cliff in your new car!

HAHAHA Ok you got me there. :D

Yes the ship will be bought, built and enjoyed...once my fleet of 'original' ships is finished. 1/350 TOS, 1/1000 TOS, 1/350 Refit, D, E, Voyager, DS9 (if my builder doesn't go mad with the paint and lighting first) and the list goes on. My builder is happy to have found me, and I, him.

Paramount absolutely rebooted the franchise and I'm happy to see Star Trek in any form hit the big screen. Maybe it will make the 'next generation' of fans take a look at The Next Generation and enjoy that too. ;)

Never know. We may get another series out of it in years to come, though looking through my crystal bussard collector, that future looks bleak.

But back to the ship...

Looks like a pretty nice standard kit, I would imagine that there will be PLENTY of after market parts and aztecing decals. One company did a nacelle support out of welded brass for the PL 1/350 refit, something similar might be a good idea for this ship as well.

According to some sources it's supposedly a grown prototype for the show.... Don't know for certain, but wouldn't surprise me..

Hi Kip, sorry to disrupt you here, but you are not answering at all and Iam not sure if you get all my PMs ane emails.. :( Thanks

I just went the ebay route myself as of the two UK based retailers I was considering, one can only ship it to me for three times the price and the other one can't quite tell me if it has it in stock yet or not. So I went the eBay route and should be getting it by the end of the week. Starship Modeler apparently plans to get some at the end of May, but they don't quite know exactly when yet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back