The dark knight JF custom files page 3

Well its nearing completion for me. Still have some leg plates to attach. The cowl is done as well just no pics yet. Also going to increase the size of the chest piece probably 7% ish percent so it will sit right next to the ab plates.

Having a weird issue with gluing the plates on. Tried e6000, super 77, and hot glue and none of them are really sticking well to the spandex.

Hot glue is the most promising, however it still pops off occasionally. I'm starting to think its the blend of spandex on the body suit...

That's looking incredible! I gotta get started on this :lol

Well its nearing completion for me. Still have some leg plates to attach. The cowl is done as well just no pics yet. Also going to increase the size of the chest piece probably 7% ish percent so it will sit right next to the ab plates.

Having a weird issue with gluing the plates on. Tried e6000, super 77, and hot glue and none of them are really sticking well to the spandex.

Hot glue is the most promising, however it still pops off occasionally. I'm starting to think its the blend of spandex on the body suit...

That is so much win!

So guys, honestly? What sizing/scaling would you suggest for a guy, 6´3" tall and 200 lbs.? Do you think increasing the original file about 10 % is too much?

Honestly..... measure, measure, and measure. You cant just increase the ratio and think that will solve it. Look at where the armor should fit and increase according to your body type. Every piece, everytime.

i may have missed this in the thread but are these scaled for any specific size? or no?
nevermind i went back one page and found my answer, sorry to waste the space

The legs are a bit big on the model, the chest a bit small, and cowl is way too small stock . Definitely look and plan accordingly.

That being said they are good files, makes life a lot easier (even if the cowl and chest a pain to build.)

Time to put up or shut up! After a week and a half or so this is as far as I got but with two kids and a full time job what do you expect. :unsure
With no further ado here it is!

No worries man you are doing great, i have 1 kid and a full time job and i have no time at all (yes i need to find it :D)

No worries man you are doing great, i have 1 kid and a full time job and i have no time at all (yes i need to find it :D)
Thanks Ziffa I hate to complain because I have more fun spending time with my kids than anything else but trolling this board and BOTB and I find myself daydreaming all day about what my finished costume would look like. Also I have come to the realization that I need not rush the costume because my 4 year old daughter has pre-planned my Halloween costumes for the foreseeable future and Batman is not one of them. (Next year I get to be a baby)
Kolin: the build is looking superb!

And I think I'm just about done with this. Got the neck made today, and still have to attach a few more plates but overall starting to come together.

Also need to remove reflective bits on the gloves. But, the overall idea is there.

Thanks Ziffa I hate to complain because I have more fun spending time with my kids than anything else but trolling this board and BOTB and I find myself daydreaming all day about what my finished costume would look like. Also I have come to the realization that I need not rush the costume because my 4 year old daughter has pre-planned my Halloween costumes for the foreseeable future and Batman is not one of them. (Next year I get to be a baby)
Kolin: the build is looking superb!

Keep it up man ;)

Is it just me or is the Chest piece just one side? I printed and folded some ttogether and im missing half of it.

Seriously it's just one of the t*i*t*s?

Last edited:
Hmm okay I didn't know all that. Another thing too. Why are there numbers that are basically mirrored with no flaps?

I'm noticing the right shoulder pieces aren't connecting properly. (Numbers not matching) like it shows in the 3d window.

Ugh I'm all confused

Maybe we should make a tutorial on how to put all this stuff together lol

Here's what I did with these templates....TDK version of Nightwing. Like I stated before, make all straight lines for the abs, sides, etc.... if you follow the templates on those pieces they will look nice and crooked like mine. There is a new set of templates out from a better pull of the 3D model - HERE - but I'm done with mine now....

Cheers!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back