2013 Toronto Prop Party

Great party! Massive thanks to the organizers and attendees for making it so fun!

I was in a bit of slump before because I couldn't get much done but after seeing everyone else's work I'm feeling very motivated again :D

Hello everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who attended this year’s party.
It was a blast like always. It was great to see everyone again from the RPF and some new faces.
With your continuing support we can keep this an annual event to look forward to.
There is always room for improvement next year, like plates and napkins.

I’m pretty sure that everyone enjoyed themselves.
I think the raffle prizes were great. We had 33 prizes in total!!
Of course the thanks goes out to the generosity of the community.
I was overwhelmed at one point when I realized how many great prizes we had.

Every year I’m consistently blown away by the quality of the stuff people are crafting and the varieties of materials that are available.
I’m so pleased I was able to speak to most of you in person. We have some really top-notch talent in our community and we should all be proud of that.

One thing I would like to see more of in the future is buying, selling, and trading. I know a lot of you did do that and it was nice to see. I had an idea for a section of the room to be laid out specifically for buying, trading, and selling. We can put it right next to the demo tables. The demos and tutorials will be given more time next year. It was nice to see Alex’s vinyl cutting demo and hear Dave talk about Arduino.

Some people who attended may not have heard, but David from UD Replicas brought his Superman prototype and was showing it off for the first time at the prop party. What a treat that was! Thanks David, great stuff!

We had a real life R2D2, a Terminator, 3 KITTs, a BTTF Delorean and B-9, oh my!

I can continue to thank everyone and site all the highlights but then I would never finish writing.

I’d also like to give a personal thank you to John Anderson(Dr_Slurpee) for helping me get everything organized and running the show while I was on vacation. I couldn’t have pulled it off this year without John.
Also, thanks to Michael Bergeron for doing a great job with the nametags. I think it’s a nice touch for the regular members to get their own personal nametags and it shows how important you are to the success of these events.

On that note, I’ll close by saying thanks again to everyone for showing your support this year and hopefully next year will be even better. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Thanks again everyone,

~Andrew Portelli.

Last edited:
Some of my pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3683.JPG
    IMG_3683.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3684.JPG
    IMG_3684.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3688.JPG
    IMG_3688.JPG
    875.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3690.JPG
    720.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3691.JPG
    IMG_3691.JPG
    685.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3692.JPG
    IMG_3692.JPG
    868.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3693.JPG
    IMG_3693.JPG
    648.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3694.JPG
    IMG_3694.JPG
    673.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3695.JPG
    IMG_3695.JPG
    712.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3696.JPG
    IMG_3696.JPG
    759.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3697.JPG
    IMG_3697.JPG
    741.5 KB · Views: 137
Eager to find out how well the party did financially. Seemed to be a great turnout and I think this room should be good for us for another year or two before we grow out of it.

The party was a GREAT success and I was happy to contribute in any way. Here are my thoughts for next year:

- 9am is a good start time but I'd have the doors open for exhibitors to set up at 8am. It seemed that the party this year didn't even start until 11am.

- Food tickets. Sell separate tickets for pizza slices and pop/water ahead of time so that there is less confusion when the food arrives. That way you'll also know how much food to get (plus a little more because you know people will buy it when it arrives as well).

- A lot of my invitees didn't show up because the "private event" prior to 1pm. They said that they'd feel like an outsider and that's not the impression we want to give folks if we want to grow this thing. Next year I wouldn't have that.

- Hours. If the cost isn't prohibitive I think the event could be longer. I had a few guests who normally work on Saturdays who would have come after work but we were done. This would allow for more organized events/tutorials during the actual party itself. It might also convince people to bring more or dress up more because it's a bigger event.

Well breaking even would have nice but it wasn't that bad. I confirmed $879.50 as the total amount received in. Including the $181 from last year's surplus = $1,060.50 the event actually took in. The total expenses of the party work out to $1,294.50.

So I'm short $234 this year.

This can be made up next year by more organization of the food/drink tickets.

I'll post an income and expense later on.

That looks like an awesome party, all the props are wicked cool, and I :lol ed at the "Porkins saves the galaxy" :thumbsup Is this held once a year?

Did the Delorean and KITT race?! (y)D If we haven't moved by next summer we're definitely coming up for the next one. HIC :cool!

Did the Delorean and KITT race?! (y)D If we haven't moved by next summer we're definitely coming up for the next one. HIC :cool!

:lol

Sad to say the Delorean wouldn't stand a chance! It's just a little Volvo engine in there. You can see the HIC any time of year if you're in my area! :thumbsup

Ok actually managed to get some pictures up today (about 25 I think) I destroyed the screen on my laptop where I had everything stored so It's been an arduous process of moving everything over to my desktop and updating my editing software etc. BUT THE REST ARE COMING, and soon I promise.

The ones that I have posted you can find on our FB page at Noose.ca

Sorry to make you all wait, but I hope you enjoy the shots that are there.

Sean

Great shots!

I'm really sad now that I didn't get a chance to bring any of my stuff over to your booth. :(

Hopefully there's more shots of my table in the ones that aren't up yet! I'm glad you got the Bird of Prey when she was lit. :)

Ya, it was pretty bad ass. It'll be even better when it's finished!

As an aside, it's still not too late for folks to buy a prop party t-shirt as a memento and to help raise some of the missing funds for Andrew! Shirt store is here:

Toronto Prop Party Shop

Show up at the next one wearing a shirt and look like you belong! :D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back