2013 Toronto Prop Party

Dr Slurpee and I have been emailing, and he is interested in having an Arduino demo (I've been doing some work with them)

I am by no means an expert, but I can bring some breadboards and some Arduino boards, and show some examples of blinky lights, chasers, programmed chasers (changes with a button press), along with some sounds, with a little bit of programming.

Is anyone interested in something like this?

Hi,

This is my first year at the prop party. I built a replica of the "EMF Detector" from Supernatural for my daughter's birthday, and I am using an Arduino Pro Mini as the "brain" to run the sound, lights and meter. I'll have it with me at the party. Arduinos are great to work with and not too difficult at all to get into (otherwise I never would have managed it as I am not an electronics person).

8526576267_9fe43f42e6_n.jpg

Hi,

This is my first year at the prop party. I built a replica of the "EMF Detector" from Supernatural for my daughter's birthday, and I am using an Arduino Pro Mini as the "brain" to run the sound, lights and meter. I'll have it with me at the party. Arduinos are great to work with and not too difficult at all to get into (otherwise I never would have managed it as I am not an electronics person).

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8238/8526576267_9fe43f42e6_n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing that!

I'm spending the day printing out name tags and extra goodies to sell. There will be a couple surprise additions to the prize table as well!

As am I! Not familiar with the show but that looks awesome. :)

The series follows two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester as they travel around hunting demons, ghosts, vampires etc. They drive a very cool black 1967 Chevrolet Impala (which has become one of the stars of the show). The canon in the show is that demons etc. are among us and that there is a community of "hunters" that hunt and destroy them. Sam and Dean's mother is killed by a demon and their father becomes a hunter, then brings the boys into the "family business".

Early in the first season, Dean builds an "EMF detector" from spare parts. Here is a shot of the real prop from the show:

8467033312_4e06036f69_n.jpg

Whoa...it's already here. Tomorrow came a heck of a lot faster than I thought it would. :lol

Could it be that the 'Man of Steel' will make it's debut at the Toronto Prop Party?:angel

I guess those attending will know for sure. ;)

David

Awesome party everyone!

Great people, great number of attendees, fantastic all around.

All the questions I received makes me think I need to start an Arduino tutorial series. Maybe I will do so.

Great seeing everyone, and meeting the new people!

Can't wait until next year.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back