Professor Severus Snape..

Combat Gerbil

The complete costume at last..
Took plenty of research, including scouring the various threads on Snape on these very forums.. The Blue versus Black issue etc.. Then got to go to the Exhibition at Leavesden studios and saw for myself.. the suit is Blue!!
So had suit made, and set to making my robes myself, copying the ones on display. The "practical" robes. These are shorter than the ones in the Promo pics, there were several different robes of varying length and weight of material for different shots. Most costumers copy the longer "effects" robes.
Also there were a number of suits made for Alan, and some for his double. (there are 2 suits on display ay Leavesden)
The wig is a ladies wig, cut to a more similar style to early Snape(the wig style and length changed through the movies)

The Robes have slipped back on my shoulders in these pics... must find a way to prevent this happening.. Any ideas fellow Snapes?? and I don't have my brown lenses in for these pics..
SnapeCostumeNR001head.jpg

SnapeCostumeNR001.jpg

SnapeCostumeNR002head.jpg

SnapeCostumeNR002.jpg

SnapeCostumeNR003.jpg

SnapeCostumeNR004.jpg

Last edited:
Great Looking costume!
Looks great,
Last 2 pics I think if the robes were any longer they may become a nuisance
You look like A slightly younger Snape, But the look is defiantly there! (with no complaints!)

You look wonderful! I love Snape cosplayers ( I'm one myself :)) - I've got to post those photos too.

I've had the same issue with my robes slipping off my shoulders. Sounds crazy - but do you think double sided fashion tape might help ( like this: Pure Style Girlfriends Stay Put Double Sided Fashion Tape Accessory Bra 75738 at BareNecessities.com) -

I know women usually use it to hold clothing to their bodies, but perhaps it would also work holding your robes in place?

Or regular removable double stick tape?

I have also read that some dancers use toupee tape ( from wig stores) to hold costumes in place while they perform.

Wow... thanks everyone... Yes.. just a little research went into it... A few months in all.. trying to get every detail I could muster.. Watching the DVD's... then Blu-Ray's.. Looking at threads here on previous builds and discussions.. then going to the exhibition to see the costume up close.. getting info from the costume designers via various sources.. Then putting it all into practice and trying to pull it all off..
I Debuted him at The NEC recently and he and Bellatrix went down very well.. Another outing to be at London Expo in May I think it is.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back