Most Anticipated Movies of 2013

What is your most anticipated movie of 2013?

• Total voters
The Hobbit is a given.

Also keen to see if Evil Dead turns out good.

Pacific Rim is also mandatory for a kaiju fan like me.

I was sick to death of the superhero thing long before Avengers blew up, but dammit, I am still keen to see how Man of Steel turns out.

Star Trek Into Darkness

Definitely hope Oz: The Great and Powerful turns out to be a winner.

There are a lot of these films that I am super excited to see, but out of all of them, I'd have to say I'm most looking forward to seeing Evil Dead. I was on the fence about it for a while, but starting feeling hopeful after reading some director interviews and seeing the teaser trailer. After seeing the latest red band trailer, I am stoked. It looks great. I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out to be crap!

why does anything need to be in this cheap @ss 3D?? it sucks soooooo bad. please go back to the red n blue glasses. If i want a simple pop items in my face. I would buy a pop up book.

Great Gatsby gets my vote. Great story with a great cast..yeah its a remake tho, But isnt now a days or put out in that 3D crap for a money grab.

why does anything need to be in this cheap @ss 3D?? it sucks soooooo bad. please go back to the red n blue glasses. If i want a simple pop items in my face. I would buy a pop up book.

Gimmicks and monkey-see-monkey-do marketing formulas always bug me. Whenever I hear of a movie in 3D, my mind always flashes to those idiotic foil and holographic and whatnot covers on comic books some years ago. Translation: I ain't buyin' it!

I live in the UK and a regular cinema ticket is around £6-7 but 3D is almost double at £11-12. Not just the price but it takes me half the film just to get my eyes to focus :lol

This year looks a bit better than last to me.

Kick-Ass 2 is at the top of my list, followed by Oz, Man of Steel, Great Gatsby, Anchorman 2, Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug, Oblivion (even with Tom Cruise), After Earth...

What's with all the re-releases in 3D? I refuse to see any of them, aside from MAYBE seeing Jurassic Park, as it's one of my all-time favorites.

I clicked on G.I.*Joe: Retaliation, since I've been anticipating it longer than anything else on the list! I was expecting to see it on the big screen 7 months ago, and fully expected to own it on Blu-Ray by now. It's all about the mountain scene with Snake-Eyes and Jinx Vs. the Red Ninjas! That sequence looks to be the new gold standard for action sequences in movies! :cool:thumbsup

As for the others, I'll be seeing at least a few others on the list... and one that isn't. 2012 was a great year for indie science fiction films, and 2013 has at least one promising indie SF entry in the form of The Prototype. Looking forward to that one and hoping it doesn't end up getting hidden away in limited release to art-house theaters. I really don't want to have to put up with an auditorium full of hipsters when I go to check it out! :rolleyes

Only one to pick was hard; my list currently reads:

1. Ender's Game
1. The Great Gatsby
3. Oblivion
4. Star Trek
5. The Hobbit
6. Jurassic Park
7. Wolverine
8. World War Z
9. Iron Man
10. The Hunger Games

I wish I could say I'm excited to see Superman. I grew up with Christopher Reeves, but after the last debacle I'm not really holding my breath. I realize they have nothing in common, but still-bad taste all around.

Hopefully a better Refn film than Drive was.

If you didn't like Drive, there isn't much anyone can do for you. jk.

OGF is kind of similar in tone and, in my opinion, not as tightly written. I expect I will enjoy it but it won't be quite as good as Drive. Who knows though.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back