Advice welcome! T2 Arnold build begins:)

TazVader

Sr Member
Well it's not really a beginning. More of a re-start. It is rather difficult doing this with one hand. Even so. I have bolted the chest on my mannequin and the head is on. I am having a problem with the chest though. The top lip of the chestpiece is rather obvious through a t-shirt and I am wondering how to build it up correctly. I am assuming that there aren't much left in the way of pecs (nor is there room on the mannequin)

Any suggestions? I am thinking of building up the deltoids and the sides of the chest to get rid of the line of the chest casting.

Anyways have a look at the pics. All advice is welcome:) Thanks again to Streetjudge for his help and paintups:) This is both fun and frustrating:)

IMG_0677_zps1c7e4d43.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0678_zps6f4cad38.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0679_zps87d056b0.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0680_zpsc49ee97b.jpg
[/IMG]

Best
Christian

I find the chest sections a pain attaching aswell. Looks great so far. This will look awesome once you finish it.
Steve really does paint these terminator busts very nice :)

He does lol

Well i think most of the problems will be solved by building it up more:) I have 1 and a half arms to keep going with as well. i need alot more bubble wrap I think:)

The only thing i have yet to complete or obtain is the receiver and barrel of the M79. I have the grenades and an original wooden stock and also a fore and ladder sight;)

Critique and clues folks:)

Best
Taz

I've used sheet foam to bulk out mannequins in the past, and to hide seams , i hotglue it on then tape it down, great paintjob by the way

Thanks for the tips folks.

Going by the pics I think your head sits higher on you mannequin than mine SJ. Mmm...it looks like you built up a base around your mannequin for the chest first, then put the chest on. Is that the case?

I plan to try and fill him out as is....failing that then I will lengthen the neck as you seem to have as well as move the chest up..... It's alot less work to go forward than back then forward ha ha If you know what I mean:)

I'll post pics up when I have had a crack:)

Very nice pics BTW thanks:) Is the bottom of the busts neck touching the top of the chest piece on this on SJ? How did you achieve the nice smooth transition of head to top of chest? Or is the chest sunken into the padding?

Best
Christian

Last edited:
On second look. SJ, it looks like you cut out a huge section of your mannequin's chest then covered the hole and sunk the resin chest appliance into it. Is that it? I laid mine on top of the dummys unaltered chest.

best
Taz

I didn't cut out the mannequin chest, just bolted it on top. The neck and top of the torso piece met up so no real lip. I padded up the torso some before I added the chest, then cut out the padding around the torso piece. When you put the jacket and grenade belt on, it will hide most of your edges.

aaaaah. I see. Now lifting it higher makes alot more sense to me as well. Damn lol

I have been staring at your pics far too long and am starting to see things lol

thanks mate.

Best
TAZ

Well....i think so. I just pulled it all apart lol Did your chest meet up at the front of the busts neck flush or under or over?

Best
Taz

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back