Easy Sith Holocron Tutorial

Drago Lordist

first I started with a 5ct Ferro Rochette pyramid and lightly sanded the black number off of the side.

then, after printing out my design, I marked out with a sharpie which parts I wanted to remove for the cutout design.

I then used a box cutter knife to cut out those portions so that you get the depth shown in the pictures.

I decided it wasn't in my best interest to cut out the small triangles at the top because I didn't trust my own hand. lol so I filled them in from the inside and then painted the entire thing gold from the inside.

I then traced my earlier picture in foam core so I had my lining. I cut 2 triangles out and then sliced them in half so as to thin it out and to give me 4 sides.

I made up my design and printed it out to check my size. I then covered the peices (printed pics glued to the foam core) in clear packing tape to give it a shine and to keep it from falling apart.

I hot glued the peices into place. I painted the bottom and then hotglued it onto the bottom to finish it off. (note that I lined the spaces between the 4 black peices with hot glue to support it and secure it. I'd recommend doing the same)

turned out remarkably well for what I was expecting. Due to the different depths it's not very photogenic - camera has touble focusing on all parts. here's the custom made image I used for my sides.

looks pretty cool....

how tall is it? (dunno where to find those pyramid thingies)

chris

Nice job.

I keep meaning to get one of the boxes for the same reason.

Target sells them.
They used to sell large ones but I guess they decided on the small ones this year.

D6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KarlBud420 @ Dec 6 2006, 07:23 AM) [snapback]1372659[/snapback]</div>
The fact that you also get 5 of those rocher candies to eat is a nice bonus. Yum.

Great tutorial.

Bruce
[/b]

I was thinking the same thing. Nice tutorial.

I'm honored that you guys liked it. :D

(sorry it took so long to reply - shortly after I posted it the web address changed and my link didn't work - still pointed to invisionzone. just found it again. apparently I need to pay better attention to the announcement forum...)

the bottom is no bigger than my palm, I wanna say the sides were ~3 inches... you can see a sharpie cap sitting next to it on the 2nd pic.

Clever idea. I love it when somebody uses a commonly found object as the basis of an exotic replica. :love

Thanks for the tutorial, and for posting the graphics you created. :thumbsup

Just gotta find a ferrerro roche pyramid and then im gonna give this a try. lol I have a few cardboard sith holocrons sitting around but theydont cut it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back