Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered 2 5"x6" EL panels and 2 9v inverters last night at like 2:30am and my EL already shipped:D So excited to start this mod. Sorry Jedifyfe, I've decided to do it myself since they're ****ty chinese wiring broke in the left shoe.

So excited to start this mod. Sorry Jedifyfe, I've decided to do it myself since they're ****ty chinese wiring broke in the left shoe.

No apology needed, I encourage everyone to do this. Please take pics as you progress and post them up. I love seeing progress pics!

No apology needed, I encourage everyone to do this. Please take pics as you progress and post them up. I love seeing progress pics!

I will, and that way if something goes wrong you guys can help me figure it out. I've never done anything like this before so I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for you guys haha.

The toughest part for me was cutting the EL panel for the sole and avoiding black spots due the EL delaminating. Some EL cut fine, others came delaminated more easily. Unfortunately for this pair. One of the soles acquired some large black spots once I installed them in the shoes and walked in them for a day. But they aren't that big of a deal, and plus this is not my perfect pair and I don't want to take the sole apart again and risk further problems. Also, I saw a tip on YouTube that you can iron the EL panel with a t shirt over it to eliminate the small black spots. But this only works so well.

I have pretty good scissors, am I alone on running into these problems or black spots with the EL panels?

Also, I keep reminding myself that when worn on your feet these shoes will be at least 5-8ft. Away from the viewer...so most people won't notice the imperfections!

Last edited:
Are these actually still available from a reseller outside of ebay...need a size 13.

little confused and Ive tried to read back in the thread for an answer buts its 100 odd some pages now.

Thanks.

Are these actually still available from a reseller outside of ebay...need a size 13.

little confused and Ive tried to read back in the thread for an answer buts its 100 odd some pages now.

Thanks.

Not sure if these even come in US13. It seems the sizing is slightly over sized anyway, so you might be OK with US12.
You can order from HERE

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I finally finished my first pair of fully modded Nike Air Mag V2's! The only thing that they don't have are the DC charge ports built into the buckle, updated splatter paint, and completed matte finish spray to bubble (even though I have everything needed to do these mods in the future).
View attachment 220495

Sorry for the funky colors but I only can get a clear picture when I use the flash on my camera (the EL's are so bright!)

I would like to thank JediFyfe, Taff, DL4567, and others here on the RPF and this thread for helping me to complete my V2 modifications. Along the way I have fine tuned a couple of things and found out what seemed to work best for me in regards to the LED's in the bubble. It took me multiple boards and soldering hours but I finally found the 3mm LED's that gave me an even green, yellow, and red coloring and didn't shine so bright as to merge the yellow with the red and create a bright orange glow in the bubble. The solution came from 3mm LED's I found at my local Fry's Electronics Store (see picture). These LED's run at 10ma instead of 20ma and combined with the 100 ohm 1/8 watt resistors they gave me look I wanted. I tried several other LED's from the shopping list, and from my local Radio Shack with the 10 ohm 1/2 watt resistors but they didn't seem to work out for me.

They look absolutely perfect RLMcFly! Great job! I can't put my finger on exactly why, but they actually look very gen-like in that photo. The flash gives a good balance between seeing the materials and lights at the same time. Congrats on all your hard work and thanks for taking the time to post a pic. Very nice display with the hoverboard and accessories.

I can't put my finger on exactly why, but they actually look very gen-like in that photo.
It is hard to tell from that photo, I want to suggest that maybe he has not flattened the toe as much. The RDs still do have a slight rounded toe.

It is hard to tell from that photo, I want to suggest that maybe he has not flattened the toe as much. The RDs still do have a slight rounded toe.

They all vary. I've seen some that are really flat and some that are rounded.

They all vary. I've seen some that are really flat and some that are rounded.

I think I should have flattened the toes a little more, but thanks DL for the complements. I just also bought some stuff off BTTF.net such as a 1:15 DeLorean Model, DeLorean T-shirt (already have a BTTF 2 movie poster t shirt) and a Marty Hoverboarding poster. I'm slowly but surely getting my BTTF props and stuff together how I want...

Also, I'm waiting on my Pizza Hut replica and Bag Prop that I bought off a seller on ebay UK...

Last edited:
I will post a picture of my next pair just for you Cavx and I guarantee the toes will be slimmer!

Also that picture doesn't show my left shoes toe but it is done a little slimmer than the right and came out with cleaner glue lines...

Here are my size 9.5's with flash and without flash:

image2.jpeg

Well, I don't know about the others (since I haven't modded mine to look as good as JediFyfe's) but I have one pair for wearing and one pair stored in the hopes of having enough room to display one day lol
:D

Same. I have 2 pairs, one pair I wear all the time (both not modded yet) and the other is for display. I scored one of those Mattel Hover Boards for $99USD, so will have a cool base for the display pair soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back