Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

Very cool. So apart form the strap/ankle buckle, what mods have you made to these?

Well only got them on Friday night so not much more lol! I think I've done not to bad so far, at the moment I'm trying to get round one switch for on/off, Karin Chen is helping me a lot with trying to get certain info on the battery used, what voltage the LEDs are, if there are resistors currently installed Ect from the factory.

I've helped her though with pics of my strap process and how they should be doing them in the factories, she told me she has handed all the pics to the factory so I hope future batches will have this already done as its not exactly hard to do and the shoe looks a bit better.

My next step after the switch is probably toe fix and el in the soles, I have to wait to see the next batch first though as if they are not coming out Or don't stand out much more than these then I will continue to wear these out and about for day to day stuff then buy another pair for display and mod them also :)

Just got this from Karin Chen and I'm sure I can now attempt the lights off one switch :)

Hi friend,

I just showed these questions to our factory workers.For first question,they don't know well about it.But for 2 and 3 question,they said yes.The two wires running to the switch are both positive cables and resistors are installed for the LEDs in the soles and multi colour LEDs.The battery they used is voltage.Some part the workers don't know well too.Hope this is a little help. :)

Thank you.

I asked her the following questions:-

Could you ask or show them the following questions in this email hopefully they can answer for me:-
1. What voltage the shoes operate at?
2. Are the two wires running to the switch both positive cables?
3. Are there resistors installed for the LEDs in the soles and multi colour LEDs?
4. What sort of battery is in the soles(voltage/mAh/ma Ect)?

Just got this from Karin Chen and I'm sure I can now attempt the lights off one switch :)

Hi friend,

I just showed these questions to our factory workers.For first question,they don't know well about it.But for 2 and 3 question,they said yes.The two wires running to the switch are both positive cables and resistors are installed for the LEDs in the soles and multi colour LEDs.The battery they used is voltage.Some part the workers don't know well too.Hope this is a little help. :)

Thank you.

I asked her the following questions:-

Could you ask or show them the following questions in this email hopefully they can answer for me:-
1. What voltage the shoes operate at?
2. Are the two wires running to the switch both positive cables?
3. Are there resistors installed for the LEDs in the soles and multi colour LEDs?
4. What sort of battery is in the soles(voltage/mAh/ma Ect)?

OH NICE!!! Good work my friend!! My pair just shipped yesterday!!!

Those look nice! I want your straps too! Wanna sell a pair lol.

Thanks! Happy you like them!!

If I plan on doing straps for rpf members I will let you know but at the moment I am going to be up to my eyes with wedding planning, any spare time I have will be spent on my black mags as they are taking up too much room in my flat :(

Oh and ta da! Two straps done finally, just waiting on my digital camera batteries and d.c charger ports, more pics to come! :)

Is that as high as the tongue pulls up? They look low and even lower than the RD MAG tongue.

Sorry I had to remove it and repost, here it is http://youtu.be/7x-JB38aeUc.

Ye Cavx, in that photo they do look slightly down but in some others I have taken the tongue is higher, the thing is those tongues can be pulled to different heights due to the elastic I think, just have to remember to pull it up before putting strap on :)

If anyone wants any photos or dimensions at all just let me know as I'm sure you asked me for the height before new year?

Here to help :)

If anyone wants any photos or dimensions at all just let me know as I'm sure you asked me for the height before new year?

Here to help :)
I would not mind dimensions of the tongue. I am currently making a new pair for my mesh MAG project and have the bridge part at 4" long and the shin part at 5". 0.5 of an inch will be lost for the fold and a little extra if I turn these inside out - which I don't have to because they have gross-grain sewn around the edge anyway.

When I drew it up, it looked too long, but I would rather the extra length like on the MP MAGs than not enough where it almost disappears behind the strap.

The tongues are roughly 180mm(7") long and 75mm(3") wide, pics below mate, I need to get a material tape measure would be easier and more accurate, so my apologies :p

Sorry not sure why it did that, not private anymore, it's only photos of what has been posted just thought was easier to view as a "slide show"

Update on the switch, I have hooked up the el strap to the main v2 switch, only thing is its not working correctly.. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, sometimes when u press the switch the LEDs on the v2's go brighter.

Not sure now if its the switch on the inverter itself that is causing the problem as that still works when it's hooked up to the v2 switch :confused

The tongues are roughly 180mm(7") long and 75mm(3") wide, pics below mate, I need to get a material tape measure would be easier and more accurate, so my apologies :p

Thanks for that. I've made mine 9" x 4.5" and it just seems to sit better with the strap.

No problem, anything else just give me a shout :)

Right so been working on getting this switch sorted with the help of Reididtenroc and Cloneprops.

Currently it does work off one switch but not very well (LEDs in sole and bubbles go lighter darker and switch works now and again)

Below is roughly how it looks just now but need advise on how to solve this, if anyone can think of anything please help!! =D

*Note - please don't use this diagram until 100% confirmation it is working, when it is fixed it will be revised and posted.*

Thats what I thought. I feel bad for the high bidder though, I'd be mad if it were me.

For those doing the el strap on the v2's use these dc plugs http://bit.ly/136jkgH
(Not a live auction, these are from a supplier)

Unfortunately the ones I ordered arrived and as there 3.5 x2.5mm they do fit through the charger hole on the Cloneprops buckle but they are just too chunky for my liking.

These are the smallest I have found, hope it helps those currently searching:)

wanted to post on your thread,

I've got a few more questions, do you think that (ebay.uk) plug and the battery will fit in the buckle? I see you jumping the v2 wire, is the plan for the v2 to ultimately run the entire shoe off of the new set up, or jump their plug and use their power source? what options are we looking at? Also, will you run one wire that splits and charges both shoes at once, and will you stick with usb?

I know its a lot, thanx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back