Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: 2nd mold IS done :)

I was looking at the Heel Cup last night and think what needs to be done is to increase the letters from 20mm tall to 25mm(?) and pack out the inside a bit so it sit out more. This way the texture pattern is preserved.

View attachment 445365

These bad boys just came in!!

Now im gonna research how to check the mah on batteries.. Lol

how are you finding these? mine arrived and I was pretty disappointed. firstly one didn't work, but they agreed to replace that. Even fully charged though they can't even light all my LEDs.

Might be that my voltage on my green ones is too high but still (if someone with more knowledge on electronics knows exactly why, I would appreciate it greatly!)

how are you finding these? mine arrived and I was pretty disappointed. firstly one didn't work, but they agreed to replace that. Even fully charged though they can't even light all my LEDs.

Might be that my voltage on my green ones is too high but still (if someone with more knowledge on electronics knows exactly why, I would appreciate it greatly!)
I got them on ebay... Dang.. Now i need to check them asap

Something is wrong with your set up then. I use 880mah batteries and my LED's are bright and they last for roughly 3-4 hours.

Something is wrong with your set up then. I use 880mah batteries and my LED's are bright and they last for roughly 3-4 hours.

I got them on ebay... Dang.. Now i need to check them asap

They might work fine for you, as jedifyfe said, there is obviously something off about my setup. I think the voltage on my green LEDs is too high, its 3.2v compared to 2v for my other LEDs. They never last that long with any batteries.

So the batteries may work out well for you :)

UPDATE: New sole molds are DONE!

attachment.php

Do I need to start a new thread in the YJ or just update the title and status?

Ok, i charged the batteries.. They both work.. I made a little rig to test them.. Since i have nothing that uses 9v batteries lol
Rig: uploadfromtaptalk1425358310845.jpg
Result:uploadfromtaptalk1425358344761.jpg

I also wanted to mess with an EL strip i won for $5 on ebay, didnt expect it to turn on since the inverter is for 12v, but it worked and looked awesome uploadfromtaptalk1425358403897.jpg

I also had a question:
Why those torch buttons?? They are really big, even the smaller ones someone suggested.. Here is a side by side with some micro buttons i had left over from making some e-cigs... Its even more Clicky

uploadfromtaptalk1425358493585.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425358504611.jpg

Im fairly certain your micro button is a momentary switch that won't work with our set up.

No more GITD?

The tint looks perfect. I think once I add your soles to my shoes they will have been modded as far as possible.

Yeah, I'll do GIDT again, just I will redo those parts to be the correct shape by cutting them from the same sheet I made my strap logos from. If there is any cavity to fill in the soles, I'll use clear. It will give me a much clearer look as well as give me the full height. If you look at my tech drawing, I made comment that they top of the wing is missing and needs to be replaced. It means I will have to dremil all that GIDT and old rubber out.

Hi everyone, just joined after reading all 237 pages, it's crazy how many of you in here have such great craftsmanship and creativity, keep it up guys!

About to order a pair of V2's and before tackling it myself was wondering if there was anyone in Australia that would mod them for me (EL strap and sole, LED ankle bubble and possibly cut and tuck slim toe box)

Yeah, I'll do GIDT again, just I will redo those parts to be the correct shape by cutting them from the same sheet I made my strap logos from. If there is any cavity to fill in the soles, I'll use clear. It will give me a much clearer look as well as give me the full height. If you look at my tech drawing, I made comment that they top of the wing is missing and needs to be replaced. It means I will have to dremil all that GIDT and old rubber out.

That will look really cool, so they will be shaped like the ELs then I guess?t

tackled the easiest mod ever yesterday.....

20150303_212930.jpg

Styrene + Super Glue = RD style strap ends :lol

If only they were all so simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back