Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, why go to the trouble of obtaining a pair of RD Mags just to try and scam a few people into buying v2's?

Selling V2s at $700 is a good opportunity for scammers.
We'll find out soon if it's bull**** or V3s.

@airair : you have talked about an old stock of 200/300 pcs from the 2011 release, right?
I can't find your post anymore...

Last edited:
As much as I'd love a pair of V3's to become a reality the truth is its almost certainly not going to happen. Yes BTTF is having a bit of a resurgence at the moment and you can be sure demand for MAG's will peak, however we are a very small minority of people who appreciate the attention to detail. For the other 99% of people looking to buy replicas the V2's will do just fine.

Ask yourself, why would a Chinese factory put loads of money into designing a shoe that will only make a difference to that last 1% when they can continue to ship out the standard V2's and continue raking in the money.

Case closed.

Very quick update on the black MAGs, splatter is done after 3 hours of work, (learning, practicing, repainting due to a badly done first try, and the longest was covering all of the shoes)

20151007_164515.jpg20151007_164541.jpg

The green spot on the left soles is the shi*** angelus dye that did this, a little spot feel on in the first day i work on them, and after trying to remove it with anything possible it didn't come off and stayed green ...

Next step, try to cut the swoosh myself and if i don't manage to, laser cut will be done tommorow or friday.

As much as I'd love a pair of V3's to become a reality the truth is its almost certainly not going to happen. Yes BTTF is having a bit of a resurgence at the moment and you can be sure demand for MAG's will peak, however we are a very small minority of people who appreciate the attention to detail. For the other 99% of people looking to buy replicas the V2's will do just fine.

Ask yourself, why would a Chinese factory put loads of money into designing a shoe that will only make a difference to that last 1% when they can continue to ship out the standard V2's and continue raking in the money.

Case closed.

Same thing they do with yeezys and Jordan's. Except those get updated faster to better more authentic quality. Once they get a perfect 1:1 they will say it's authentic from the Nike factory or they a Nike employee is working with them. But a V3 is coming sooner or later whether it's these or something down the line.

One thing I noticed though is that all the videos through every different company claiming they made the perfect replica has the same box, same beat up poster etc. so my guess is that they're showing an authentic pair they're gonna prob use that to reconstruct theirs to look as close to it as possible. But they did not make the pair that we are seeing, I don't think

Same thing they do with yeezys and Jordan's. Except those get updated faster to better more authentic quality. Once they get a perfect 1:1 they will say it's authentic from the Nike factory or they a Nike employee is working with them. But a V3 is coming sooner or later whether it's these or something down the line.

One thing I noticed though is that all the videos through every different company claiming they made the perfect replica has the same box, same beat up poster etc. so my guess is that they're showing an authentic pair they're gonna prob use that to reconstruct theirs to look as close to it as possible. But they did not make the pair that we are seeing, I don't think
Something they can't cheat on is the splattering, that will tell you if they're legit or using same RDs ;)

But yeah one day V3 will come ...

976.gif
1167.gif

One thing I noticed though is that all the videos through every different company claiming they made the perfect replica has the same box, same beat up poster etc. so my guess is that they're showing an authentic pair...But they did not make the pair that we are seeing, I don't think

Welcome to the past few days. Why is it that when Jedifyfe and I say they're RDs no one listens? haha

We've been to this rodeo MANY times before, so I'll say what I've said every time there's a rumor or speculation about a V3: Don't hold your breath.

-Nick

if they say that its gonna be shipping December 1st i don't even see the reasoning behind trying to order these... by then the actual nike mags with actual self lacing technology will be out... some rumors are even speculating the 21st of October to be the day its released... so ladies and gentlemen... grab your wallets

Brad! Did you hear John Delorean is unveiling time travel technology on the 21st? I hear it'll only cost $500 and come with a hover conversion built in already.

...I've given up trying to set people straight.

-Nick

Boggles my mind that certain people can even feed themselves.

Anyway, back to the regular program of modding our V2s...

It has been discussed and agreed that the screen used shoe midsole was white with the grey texture applied over the top. The clears were attached before the texture/splatter ws applied and why you can see white under the clear in some scenes.

So today I decided to test something a bit different - white caulking silicone to attach the clears to this pair I am working on.

attachment.php

All I did here was to squeeze the silicone out of the tube directly on to the dark grey rubber of the mid-sole, place the clear part in the recess and massage it to work the silicone to the edges. I'll know soon enough if this has worked or not. But for less than $5.00, might be the perfect adhesive for those wanting shoes closer to the screen used shoes.

Whilst I will use light grey urethane to coat this pair of mid-soles, I think that by combining equal amounts of white and grey silicone will give others a colour that is close to the correct grey. Being an adhesive rubber, will both bond and flex and not crack! The issue with this is silicone is not easy to paint. One way around that is to buy a tube of clear, mix in an oil based aqua paint and apply that to the grey. It will bond to itself. You could just buy clear and add light grey paint. Just be sure it is oil based that needs turps to be thinned and DO NOT add too much (keep it below 5%) if possible.

Attachments

• 20151008_142459.jpg
    20151008_142459.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 530
Welcome to the past few days. Why is it that when Jedifyfe and I say they're RDs no one listens? haha

We've been to this rodeo MANY times before, so I'll say what I've said every time there's a rumor or speculation about a V3: Don't hold your breath.

-Nick

They're right. 100% they are real deals on those youtube videos that they have acquired. You can tell from the number on the leaflet holder, the slight indent under the anti-gravity sticker, the straps plastic edge, the inside seems, soles perfectly cut edge etc. We have them, trust us.. I've seen the same seller pretend to be different suppliers and introduce herself as different people and it's the exact same pair of Mags. You can tell by the worn edges where the left side tear is slightly longer than the right.

If they start to offer 'them' as western union only, stay clear. PayPal only.

well apparently one person has told me they haven't made any new version in 2015.
the chinese replica lot have obtained around 200 to 300 pairs of actual 2011 authentic shoes from some warehouse, and are leftovers from the original run supposedly.
whether its true or not remains to be seen, but i am speaking to someone to confirm this sudden $699 mag bollocks.

You will easily be able to tell anyway from a RD and a replica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back