Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
only one sides wires will go to the EL cutouts

just follow this diagram

View attachment 175555

i think you have to split the 9v battery wire ends, im not even sure on that to be honest, i just realised now!
ive been doing 3v setups

Well my question is which side of the inverter goes to which. Pictures say the end where the 9v connector is goes to the EL and the other wires goes to the switch and battery. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Im looking to buy the V2 but I hear alot of people talking about trouble with costoms in europe, does anybody got any info on that? Are there tricks or thing to do to make them "safer" to import?

Tell them to put a note on the box saying happy birthday. Seriously.

Tell them to put a note on the box saying happy birthday. Seriously.

Yep that's what i did and it was released from U.K customs within 1 day :thumbsup

Attachments

• VUb7kwr.jpg
    VUb7kwr.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Yeah the original diagram was a little inaccurate. It should have been like this:
8567397075_807e607981_b6_zps731a3009.jpg

I switched the inverter around. If you set it up like the original picture was, the EL wouldn't light up.

Oh no! We do not wear our on-modded Mags in public! We do not! It's like stepping out the door without your pants on.

Of course, that is a given. But if my memory serves, that's what Bobby Brown has been doing so far. (no offense meant, Bobby Brown - the mods are a crazy amount of work)

I totally forgot to share the video I made of my 9 volt tongue mod working. I've uploaded it to my Vimeo account this time.
https://vimeo.com/64869925
[video=vimeo;64869925]http://vimeo.com/64869925[/video]
This was right after the Light Blue lights and new LEDs were put in, but before any gluing was done. I will do another video when I've finished my Aqua versions.

Last edited:
Completely understood. The only thing I've modded on them so far is the strap to make them appear much more "legit" with the lights off. But apparently some people are mag enthusiasts like us and notice the difference. :p

- - - Updated - - -

I totally forgot to share the video I made of my 9 volt tongue mod working. I've uploaded it to my Vimeo account this time.
https://vimeo.com/64869925
http://vimeo.com/64869925
This was right after the Light Blue lights and new LEDs were put in, but before any gluing was done. I will do another video when I've finished my Aqua versions.

And by the way Robert, great job on the toe mod! Personally I've been to "chicken" to try it myself in the fear that I will destroy them lol.

nice vid robert!!

tomorrow i am going to buy some wire for my el strap and sole because wire tape is nowhere to be found in Aus only 1 store has it snd they want almost $40

i have a 6v inverter so whay gauge and volt wire do i need?

tomorrow i am going to buy some wire for my el strap and sole because wire tape is nowhere to be found in Aus only 1 store has it snd they want almost $40

I got my tapewire on ebay for like $10. That's the official name for it. Wire tape just sounds better.

And I have no idea why that one site that was selling these shoes said the quality was bad. The only thing bad about them in terms of quality is maybe the tongue. The velcro catches it.

Last edited:
Absolutely Bobby! I agree with how you feel. It's always hit or miss for me. So the ones I got right I'm keeping for myself! Call me selfish if you must ;)
Completely understood. The only thing I've modded on them so far is the strap to make them appear much more "legit" with the lights off. But apparently some people are mag enthusiasts like us and notice the difference. :p

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way Robert, great job on the toe mod! Personally I've been to "chicken" to try it myself in the fear that I will destroy them lol.

Nothing like newly made logos ready for their straps.
8688466010_c454fe0b18_b.jpg

The aqua colored panels finally arrived the other day and I just had enough time today to put these two together. Tomorrow I should have some extra time to get the straps put together and wired. Although making these has gotten easier along with other things, I find that the time it takes is still the same since I want everything to be perfect!

Last edited:
Would anyone be willing to sell a pair of nike logos without the EL? I'd rather buy that than a whole package of the certain paper and only use one sheet.

Here's another neat trick I learned today! If you have one of those desks with a sliding platform for the keyboard, you can use it to firmly press the strap down after applying glue.
8690165497_ed73f5be30_b.jpg

First make sure that an even coat of Super 77 Glue was applied
Second press the two sides firmly together by hand
Third make certain that the two sides are aligned as perfectly as possible
Finally place a sheet of paper on top and find something to wedge it all in
You can use something like old college books to wedge that drawer in tight!

Leave it pressed like this overnight, and make sure not to inhale too much of that darn glue. It'll make you a little loopy. The strap you see above it hasn't been glued together just yet, but you will notice the logo is already on it. That is because I like to super glue the EL Logo and Wire Tape to the inside first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back