Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got word that my first set of "successfully" modded straps made it to my first buyer in France! He likes them! This is just the push I needed to continue making more. I'm still waiting for those Aqua EL panels to arrive to my house so I can keep going. Hopefully soon!

8669786369_a621c5f8e8_z.jpg

Attachments

• 8669786369_a621c5f8e8_z.jpg
    8669786369_a621c5f8e8_z.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 91
Hi guys, I'm new to the RPF forums and a long time collector. I'm finally making a boyhood dream come true, I love my NIKE shoes so this will be a great addition to my collection (Air Force's & Jordan's). I have a few questions about proceeding and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1. I see most people buying from aliexpress from 2 different sellers, In terms of quality who would be the best to buy from Karen Chen on China Koko store?
2. Is there any way to buy the straps with EL screen already put inside?
3. Is there a kit I could buy that has all the necessary parts required to convert my MAG's to exact movie replica's (excluding power laces till 2015)?

Cheers :)

Hi guys, I'm new to the RPF forums and a long time collector. I'm finally making a boyhood dream come true, I love my NIKE shoes so this will be a great addition to my collection (Air Force's & Jordan's). I have a few questions about proceeding and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1. I see most people buying from aliexpress from 2 different sellers, In terms of quality who would be the best to buy from Karen Chen on China Koko store?
2. Is there any way to buy the straps with EL screen already put inside?
3. Is there a kit I could buy that has all the necessary parts required to convert my MAG's to exact movie replica's (excluding power laces till 2015)?

China Koko store is the cheapest. And the quality of the shoes is totally random. They all buy from the same factory, and they don't really monitor quality. Usually you get good shoes though. A few people have gotten pairs with messy stitching, but that's the biggest flaw I've seen so far. As for the light up straps, I'm not sure, but I think a couple people have sold them, but they might be out. I haven't checked in a while. And for the "kit" just listen to the name of the thread and go to page 58. It has all the necessary materials for the mod. Things that aren't on the list that you need are a soldering iron, solder, wires, hair dryer, scissors, and super glue.

Both toe mods are basically done. I just have to use the other glue to go along the rim of the toes. I'll post pictures tomorrow. And next I'm going to scope out the shoe, get an estimate of how much wire I need, and make the electronics. My main problem right now though is getting the plasticy paper stuff for the nike letters on the strap. I don't want to buy a whole package of it if I'm only going to use one sheet.

So my son wants to be Marty Mcfly 2015 for Comic Con this year along with me. I am starting with the MAG's for him. These are size 12kids shoes.

null-6.jpg
null-7.jpg

Attachments

• null-3.jpg
    null-3.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 122
  • null-4.jpg
    null-4.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
So my son wants to be Marty Mcfly 2015 for Comic Con this year along with me. I am starting with the MAG's for him. These are size 12kids shoes.

Get a NIKE on the ankle strap and these will look really good. A practical lacing system (velcro) too :)

Haha, nice action, they look great. That's one lucky boy. Marty and Marty Jr! You're definitely gonna be in need of a size adjusting jacket to fit him.

Which end of the 9v inverter goes to the battery and switch? In the diagram a while ago it shows the right end wires going to the midsole and strap EL, but when you get the inverter stock, that's the place that a battery connector is on.

Could someone please answer this?

So does that side still go to the battery, or does the battery connector side go to both EL parts?

only one sides wires will go to the EL cutouts

just follow this diagram

WiringInstructions2-1.jpg

i think you have to split the 9v battery wire ends, im not even sure on that to be honest, i just realised now!
ive been doing 3v setups

Im looking to buy the V2 but I hear alot of people talking about trouble with costoms in europe, does anybody got any info on that? Are there tricks or thing to do to make them "safer" to import?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back