Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravity and patience. After a few mins of it being stored upside down you can get it squeezed out.

i tried to put some shoe goo into a bottle but it was so thick and slow to come out, i gave up on that.

it starts to dry straight away

hi

are you using that glue to glue the toearea back on?
or just for going around the edges after already glueing them down?

also, how thick is that glue?

ive got some shoe goo, but its too thick to pour into a container.
i don't know how you guys are managing to pour in that loctite shoe goo type glue into a bottle and then squeezing it out.

is that loctite shoe goo type glue the same as shoe goo?

Im using gorilla super glue, then loctite glue closer to the edges. Last i use the shoe goo for the finishing line of glue.

New logos in light blue.
8648098512_fc393e1aa6_b.jpg

Toe mod complete!
8648098626_822947bbea_b.jpg

Gonna wait til I get the Aqua EL Panels for these shoes. Blue looks cool, but I think Aqua is more closer to the original. So I may sell the logos posted above. Depends on what is offered ;-)

They look sensational Robert. Are you planning on opening a business on this? Your work is very good.

Last week I volunteered to do the scaleable pattern for the EL and LEDs based on a PDF pattern by another member. So here it is.

His original work at 100% in the PDF
attachment.php

I made a small change here by reversing the two humps as the original had the taller one at the front.
And my work in SU (so we can scale this to any size) and screen captured as a JPEG.
attachment.php

I have not shared this yet, but can if that is the wish of the forum. At the size it is now, this would probably be for a size US13. I can scale and post JPEGs of all sizes if I know what they need to be. Either way, let me know.

PS, I have just removed the lines between the EL.

Attachments

• EL and LED Template.jpg
    EL and LED Template.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,632
Thanks Cavx. Well see. I may have to skip on toe mods since they wear me out so much by the time Im done.:wacko :)

Yeah they look like hard work especially getting the two even. Your electronics look good too. I need to make a start on mine.

100% agreement on the toe mod here. I was gonna do it to both my pairs first and then move on to the rest, but the toe mod is so long and tedious, that I'm going on to the next step. Probably gonna finish one pair completely and then do the other. Working on the lights is a lot more exciting.

I hear you guys about the toe mod. Not only is it tedious BUT if you screw it up...there goes your shoes. Everything else is "easy" compared to the toe mod. I have done 8 toe mods so far...

Has anyone put the plastic tip on the end of the straps? That's probably that last thing you could do to these shoes. This is the only picture I could find of it. It's the right shoe.
f7b698d881b9a16dd5b7aee08fd4bde7.jpg

I hear you guys about the toe mod. Not only is it tedious BUT if you screw it up...there goes your shoes. Everything else is "easy" compared to the toe mod. I have done 8 toe mods so far...

the toe mod is definitely the hardest

i already screwed up one shoe lol!

im going to basically use the base of that pair to make another custom scratch build now.

that fabric is just too stiff.

but in that screw up, i managed to come across my custom "movie" style toebox solution.
Its not for everyone but its perfect for me and makes life so much easier and prevents any chance of a major screwup.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Did you just massage the material to work it down flatter without undoing any glue? I was actually wondering a few days ago if that might be a feasible solution. Do you think the wrinkles might iron out?

I'm still convinced this is why the two shoes of my first toe mod pair came out slightly different. I "massaged" the material a lot more on the first one, because it took me a lot longer to work apart the glue. On the 2nd shoe it remained stiffer and held the rounded shape more.

but in that screw up, i managed to come across my custom "movie" style toebox solution.
Its not for everyone but its perfect for me and makes life so much easier and prevents any chance of a major screwup.

Here's some pictures of my toebox on a brand new pair i just started on.

airairtoebox3_zps04879a66.jpg

Very interesting. Did you just massage the material to work it down flatter without undoing any glue? I was actually wondering a few days ago if that might be a feasible solution. Do you think the wrinkles might iron out?

I'm still convinced this is why the two shoes of my first toe mod pair came out slightly different. I "massaged" the material a lot more on the first one, because it took me a lot longer to work apart the glue. On the 2nd shoe it remained stiffer and held the rounded shape more.

Hi
Basically I found the normal toe mod method very difficult to glue back down,
To me, the shoe looks better like this, its more closer to the movie version now, which I always preffered than the RD release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back