Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nike Mag V2 mod discussion and builds

As for the finger holes, I think it will be pretty easy. Unstitch them, cut the fabric slightly in each of the 3 corners of the triangle, then fold the fabric inside using some glue (maybe hot glue). That's how it looks like the real MAG's did it. At least from these pics it seems...

Insole2_zpse903a820.jpg

e3ehe6u2_zps0321dce9.jpg

So there is no stitching at all on the finger holes?

Cloneprops is 100% correct, that's my personal opinion.

The problem is at the moment it's too soon to determine what this battery is, if we could get access to a + and - cable then we could advance but this can't be determined without "ripping" into the shoes.

If I had another pair to mess about with I would find all this out but with only one pair I'm not risking anything just yet.

I did however install the inverter upto the shoes and when I pressed the v2 switch the lights in the sole went off completely.. Only way to get the working was to charge through USB, do that too many times and I think the shoe will short out and possibly risk damaging the heel cup LEDs.

Brad, are you changing out the v2 stock buckles for the Cloneprops one's?

The V2's are powered by a 3.6v lir 2032 connected to a pcb board. The battery is not accessible due to it being submersed in a glue filled plastic casing. The 6 color leds attached to the pcb read at 1.8v, and the 2 free standing leds read at 3v.

I was going to just make a strap out of blue leds that match the color of the stock ones in the sole, but it seems to be a bit clumsy due to the thickness, so I'm just going to get the el sheets and just redo the whole shoe.

Also the disassembly of these shoes are not for the faint of heart, they are not cheaply made.
Whats with all of the "made in china" stigma anyway? Everything is made over there whether real or fake. Plenty of bootleg products are made on par or even better than the real deal nowadays.

I know this first hand because I do a lot of business with the Chinese, it still surprises me when people assume that because its made in china or that its a copy of something that it is intrinsically cheap... Go figure, stereotyping has always been the American way.

Last edited:

The V2's are powered by a 3.6v lir 2032 connected to a pcb board. The battery is not accessible due to it being submersed in a glue filled plastic casing. The 6 color leds attached to the pcb read at 1.8v, and the 2 free standing leds read at 3v.

I was going to just make a strap out of blue leds that match the color of the stock ones in the sole, but it seems to be a bit clumsy due to the thickness, so I'm just going to get the el sheets and just redo the whole shoe.

OMG!!!! Thank you!!! Can you take photos of the battery, the LED's, the inside of the ankle bubble, the inside of the shoes, fabric, toebox, EVERYTHING?????? PLEASE!!!

OMG!!!! Thank you!!! Can you take photos of the battery, the LED's, the inside of the ankle bubble, the inside of the shoes, fabric, toebox, EVERYTHING?????? PLEASE!!!

Sure, It might not be until tomorrow as I'm too busy at the moment to snap the pics.

Sure, It might not be until tomorrow as I'm too busy at the moment to snap the pics.

No problem. PLEASE take as amny pics of the inside of the components as possible. I really want to understand how these are put together. YOU ROCK!!!

Starkid you have nuts like King Kong!! Thank you for sharing and I look forward to more pics!! You have no idea how much this helps us all!

Ps... How many pairs did you buy? omg there Is box after box on your table!!! Also was it hard to remove the upper from the sole? Just for those who want to do the toe fix it would be good to know if these were hard to strip or if they separate fairly easy?:eek:

"Drools excessively" :D

Last edited:

Also the disassembly of these shoes are not for the faint of heart, they are not cheaply made.
Whats with all of the "made in china" stigma anyway? Everything is made over there whether real or fake. Plenty of bootleg products are made on par or even better than the real deal nowadays.

I know this first hand because I do a lot of business with the Chinese, it still surprises me when people assume that because its made in china or that its a copy of something that it is intrinsically cheap... Go figure, stereotyping has always been the American way.

You rock.. Would it be easy to slim the toe at least on these?

I'm curious as to how the ankle lights are installed and where the wires run. Also how the toe can be slimmed. Also whatbare the ribs made of? are they the laces or is if batting stuffed. How is the upper attached to the midsole etc...

Any and all pics and info would be great!!

Luke these are my buckle's with the battery and inverters, thought I posted it already. Any questions just ask mate, here to help!

These are temporary wired up but as you can see they are self powered and completely detachable from the shoe..till we can get them hooked up to one switch.

Luke these are my buckle's with the battery and inverters, thought I posted it already. Any questions just ask mate, here to help!

These are temporary wired up but as you can see they are self powered and completely detachable from the shoe..till we can get them hooked up to one switch.

Thats awesome! Are they cloneprops ones or the V2 buckles? Are those tiny black bits the inverters!? That battery is nice and slim, is that as small as we can get?

Ye Cloneprops buckles, yep they are 3v inverters. I got greedy and didn't install digi cam batteries instead went for 2500mAh Nokia mobile phone batteries they are still small and weightless :)

Can't believe I have signal up here, roughly 15000-20000ft above ground level flying to aberdeen at the moment LOL!!

Last edited:

Ye Cloneprops buckles, yep they are 3v inverters. I got greedy and didn't install digi cam batteries instead went for 2500mAh Nokia mobile phone batteries they are still small and weightless :)

Can't believe I have signal up here, roughly 15000-20000ft above ground level flying to aberdeen at the moment LOL!!

would you be able to power the leds with that battery also?

so everything with that setup?

Ye Cloneprops buckles, yep they are 3v inverters. I got greedy and didn't install digi can batteries instead went for 2500mAh Nokia mobile phone batteries they are still small and weightless :)

Can't believe I have signal up here, roughly 15-20000ft above ground level flying to aberdeen at the moment LOL!!

Sweet! So there are smaller batteries or are they as small as you get really? How long do they last?

Haha! Cant believe you got signal up there. Looks like mobiles will be the norm on planes soon with that upgrade.

I think that's a question for starkid, I am not the best at electrics, only know the fundamentals of how it all works, I wouldn't rule it out though. The main thing for us is the one switch, due to batteries Ect being so small its no problem for us but when people ask you to turn them on and off and your messing about with two switches its going to look pretty crappy. This must be solved first imo.

Ps you can use digi cam batteries which are roughly 1-2cm smaller than mobile phone batteries but its upto you if you want max 1500mAh(with hours of searching) or these 2500mAh batteries that last like 6+hours

if you were to use the 3v inverter with the 2500mAh batteries, would these be ok to power the leds also?

would you have to stick with the 1 resistor setup for the leds.

can you post up a picture of how to wire up the leds with the resistor.

thanks

Looks brilliant!!!!
Finally something hear me!!!.Im so happy that finally forget the idea of Cell coins,at now you can probably understand my insistence with mobile batteries and these inverter voltages !!!, you start to play with long lasting batteries!!!lets go to 12 hours!!!.as I said more times,ask me when you have any doubt. :) Again,AMAZING.

I'm not sure if these could get wired up to the LEDs in the v2's.. Here is the back of my led boards with resistor. http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f9/black-red-nike-mag-project-jlgyp.jpg-126366d1352673703

Thanks for that Cloneprops! But really I should be thanking you, with your suggestions I would have never used these batteries so I am only implementing work you have advised :)

My black mags however i will use digi cam batteries as they are a tiny bit smaller to conceal in the soles with the inverter, just worried about the on off switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back