Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cavx ADUBZ's wiring skills are pretty schmick [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Started slimming the toe on my Mags last night. As you can see from the pics, I did a iron/steam slim, but I didn't like the way that turned out. So I ended up doing a whole tear-off, cut and re-glue. I also corrected a lot of the slack fabric at the bottom of the elastic straps, which is probably due to fast/sloppy fabrication from China.
I am waiting on my syringes for the finishing glue, but other than that I am happy with the results. Anyone ever try to add a grey tint to the finishing glue?

IMG_0031.JPGIMG_0032.JPGIMG_0033.JPG

Thoughts???

Started slimming the toe on my Mags last night. As you can see from the pics, I did a iron/steam slim, but I didn't like the way that turned out. So I ended up doing a whole tear-off, cut and re-glue. I also corrected a lot of the slack fabric at the bottom of the elastic straps, which is probably due to fast/sloppy fabrication from China.
I am waiting on my syringes for the finishing glue, but other than that I am happy with the results. Anyone ever try to add a grey tint to the finishing glue?

Thoughts???

I don't know if it's your first pair but the result is awesome, very clean.
I'd like to have guts to open my toe box... that's the last mod I need to do on mine.

Anyway, nice work dude!

@airair will you offer sole EL as well or just straps at this stage?

Hi
just the straps at the moment.
But I can do the soles soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Not only is it a much better looking product, it is probably as close to the RD as I can get from these shoes. A big thank you to @Jedifyfe for providing me high rez images of his shoes from so many angles.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=530102&d=1442580994

So small and medium sizes are ready now and I will get the molds made for the larger sizes later next week.

Damn good job!
Looks perfect!

I just updated my clear sole thread because I am pretty happy with these.

The new US9.5/10 next to an older US13 part.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=530054&d=1442561059

So all I did here was glue the sides to the base to make the flat parts into the complex 3D shape. Looks much better now :)

And how the heel look when fitted to a shoe.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=530049&d=1442561059

Those new soles look so much better, great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still lost trying to find the right cyan EL sheet. All can find is straight blue or green.

I have some sheets left over. They are still not perfect cyan, but good enough.
I'll be getting proper Cyan panels for the straps, prewired shortly.
I'm looking at getting sole lights too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442659461.862807.jpg
Sole removed on the first shoe.
The EL panel is still working, yay!
Next step, put some white paint and glue back new clear soles from cavx.

Looking good Vormz. When they arrive, consider assembing the rear parts into a single part before attaching it to your shoe.

cavx how did you go with the left shoe outrigger?

@cavx how did you go with the left shoe outrigger?

Just finishing it up now. Also just attaching the heel cups back on. The mod to the heel of the midsole pulls the upper more upright giving the shoe a much sleeker look. Really liking the look here and will need to document the process.

These guys are gonna go nuts when they see the finished product cavx

Thank God I am local to cavx, it has been a dream to work alongside him modding my mags. He has spent a tremendous amount of time and money on making these clear soles, I have watched him from the start up until the new versions on my pair and he is at the pointy end of getting them perfect.

On my pair I elected to run a 9v battery with a 12v inverter to power the EL sheets, I did all the wiring on them as well as modding the ankle strap. Lots of heatshrink was used where the wires would be flex, I mounted the battery and inverter Inn the original place with the switch hiding in the ankle cup. I have also added a plug so you can completely remove the ankle strap from the rest of the shoe, I decided to put the side EL sheet inside the midsole where the leds where mounted (cut a slice in southern sheet would slide down).

Thank you so much cavx it's been a real pleasure working with you, looking forward to the years to come :)

Awesome can't wait to see them

Turn on your mobile lol

I'll take a pic when I am done. Phone is dead flat after today, so when charged, will photograph and text you an image.

Your shoes will be waiting at the time machine :)

ADUBZ you may need new batteries. I have been running these during the gluing stages so that I can better see where the glue in running. Last thing I want is a short. They are still pretty bright, so you may be fine tomorrow under the show lights, but best to have a back up just in case.

Here's a picture sent from the seller of my next size 10 black pair.

I am really amazed by how clear the soles are !! :eek

HTB1MliFJFXXXXa4XXXXq6xXFXXXn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back