Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you tried this on the v2 soles? since the V1s were foamy soles, these v2s are rubber material.
So i'm not sure if this would stick as well onto the rubber.

Also, i'm trying to find a suitable glue for gluing the grey heel back to the grey soles. And then I also need a glue suitable for gluing some speaker fabric to the grey heel rubber piece.

If anyone has tried any, feel free to share.

This stuff is made to be sprayed on the inside of a car interior - IE vinyl seats which cop a heap of wear and tear. I initially tested this on vinyl, then foam, then PVC and finally the Shoe Goo (which is a rubber). It flexes and does not peel or scrape off very easy. If you look at the photo of the underside, you can see some white. The Shoe Goo was painted grey. When a small piece of that broke away, it exposed some white underneath. I never bothered to touch that up because it was under the sole.

Sorry for the double post, my first samples of the information plates arrived today.
nike-mag-v2-mod-discussion-page-58-shopping-list-20140408_161800.jpg-309026d1396945357
This looks good. I still think if you are to do a run that you do need to add the word "replica". Right now it suggests that the sign means the real movie prop.

To my eyes the logo needs to be longer. It just seems a little cramped to me. And maybe a border just to frame it. Other than that they look good. Would not of thought to get a plaque for the Almanac

Yup I would add the word replica, these had already gone to be engraved though so they are just a sample.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

To my eyes the logo needs to be longer. It just seems a little cramped to me. And maybe a border just to frame it. Other than that they look good. Would not of thought to get a plaque for the Almanac

I don't think it needs to be longer, maybe 10% larger over all. The other text seems to be overwhelming it perhaps.

Maybe a Pepsi Perfect plaque would be cool too ? :)

I don't think it needs to be longer, maybe 10% larger over all. The other text seems to be overwhelming it perhaps.

Maybe a Pepsi Perfect plaque would be cool too ? :)

Yes I can do a Pepsi Perfect one also no problem at all.

On another note did anyone ever come up with a final wiring diagram for running the EL and all lights of a single battery? This thread is getting a little long to go through page by page. Lol.

That could be it. The other text does look large looking at it again. When I cover the other text the logo does seem ok.

I tried some tamiya fine surface primer without sealing it with acrylic uv sealer. It peels off if you scrape it with something sharp.

I'm going to see if it peels off after the acrylic sealer is on.

I'm trying to see though if i can find a paint which will stick better to the rubber soles, a bit of a mission but I will try.

You'll have to use vinyl/rubber paint or dye to have any chance of it sticking.

Duplicolor makes some paint (think it was recently posted). As does SEM. I posted a link many pages back to ColorBond's lineup of spray paints for vinyl: Car Interior Paint | Automotive Interior Paint | DIY Auto Paint | ColorBond

Even better would be a rubber/vinyl DYE (as opposed to paint), like this VHT Vinyl Dye? or this Vinyl Dye/Paint - Product Details - Parasol Inc.

No way would I be applying spray primer or aerosols meant for hard surfaces to flexible rubber and expect it to give satisfactory results.

You'll have to use vinyl/rubber paint or dye to have any chance of it sticking.

Duplicolor makes some paint (think it was recently posted). As does SEM. I posted a link many pages back to ColorBond's lineup of spray paints for vinyl: Car Interior Paint | Automotive Interior Paint | DIY Auto Paint | ColorBond

Even better would be a rubber/vinyl DYE (as opposed to paint), like this VHT Vinyl Dye? or this Vinyl Dye/Paint - Product Details - Parasol Inc.

No way would I be applying spray primer or aerosols meant for hard surfaces to flexible rubber and expect it to give satisfactory results.

Cool, thanks.

I will look into the vinyl dye. I think the VHT has a light grey, but its actually a bit dark, so it will need some white colour mixing in.

if i was to get a grey and a white in this vinyl dye spray, do you think its ok to spray these into a bowl and mix them to get a light grey and then brushing it on?

Cool, thanks.

I will look into the vinyl dye. I think the VHT has a light grey, but its actually a bit dark, so it will need some white colour mixing in.

if i was to get a grey and a white in this vinyl dye spray, do you think its ok to spray these into a bowl and mix them to get a light grey and then brushing it on?

Actually it looks like Parasol has a UV-stable rubber dye that would be even better: http://http://www.parasolinc.com/Products.asp?ProductID=RUBBERBOND

I don't have my shoes yet, but if I did I would take them to a paint store, find a color chip that matches the light gray rubber color, and send that color sample to Parasol for a color-matched quart of their UV-stable RUBBERBOND rubber dye, plus I think they recommend you seal it with a clear product they sell. Measure what you use from the quart to calculate how many more pairs it could be used on and sell small batches to others in the Junkyard.

Given that you are working on a replica prop Pepsi bottle, having a plaque to go with that would be cool :)

awesome. How cool would it be to have one been one of the people who got hold of those prototypes. The white ones too. thanks for sharing!

Yeah that link is awesome. Could have used this a year ago :)
980%2011.jpg

And how simple and cool is this? WHY DIDN'T THE 2011 RELEASE COME OUT IN THIS?

Box.jpg

Yeah that black box is pretty sweet, since its bttf2 themed rather than the RD box which is bttf1 themed. I have ideas about more boxes for the shoes, how about grey with bluish specs splattered everywhere? Or a Flux Capacitor themed box? Would be cool to see more designs :D

On another note did anyone ever come up with a final wiring diagram for running the EL and all lights of a single battery? This thread is getting a little long to go through page by page. Lol.

Page 60 for the rechargable battery setup if you need it and page 79 for the setup for the rest of the electronics :)

Longer tongue anyone?

10153702_10152332406268841_6638940530093886084_n.jpg

The bottom version has been extended by about 20%. If printed out to be the same as the sizes shown, this should be to scale for a size US9.5~US10.5 shoe.

Thanks, will have a look.

What do you think about those Angelus acrylic paints? do you think they are just normal acrylic paints, what is so special about them in comparison to normal acrylic paints?
I'm getting conflicting answers from various people.

I emailed the company that makes them, and they say its not supposed to be for rubber surfaces.

DJ1gocue on here used the angelus "black walk on restorer", which is angelus paint with hardener or something in it.

As to how strong it is, im not sure, its quite pricey if its just acrylic paint. I'm not sure how well it sticks to the grey rubber soles? If it can widthstand a fingernail peeling it off, then it should be ok, but if not, it means its not really strong enough.

If there is an adhesive or something which can be brushed onto the grey soles before application of vinyl spray paint or acrylic paints, maybe that might work.

Actually it looks like Parasol has a UV-stable rubber dye that would be even better: http://http://www.parasolinc.com/Products.asp?ProductID=RUBBERBOND

I don't have my shoes yet, but if I did I would take them to a paint store, find a color chip that matches the light gray rubber color, and send that color sample to Parasol for a color-matched quart of their UV-stable RUBBERBOND rubber dye, plus I think they recommend you seal it with a clear product they sell. Measure what you use from the quart to calculate how many more pairs it could be used on and sell small batches to others in the Junkyard.

My size 8s arrived but i have to walk to the second mailroom where they are at and is like 1/2 a mile away. Ill have them later today.

Picked them up a while ago, but hadn't had the chance to mess with them until now. Im.gonna wait for my supplies to get sent to me from home before i start on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back