Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are y'all using 12v or 2v leds with your 9v setups? Using 12v leds I notice the leds brightness drops significantly after about 2 hours. I should mention I'm using the 780mah 9 volt batteries from ebay.

Last edited:
i was wondering if someone can let me know how thick the loctite plastic vinyl adhesive is compared with shoe goo?

also, how fast does the loctite plastic adhesive dry?

Jedifyfe poured some into a plastic bottle with thin needle tip, im just trying to check how fast this stuff dries? is it instant? and is it a goo type thickness like shoe goo? or much thinner?

yhst_11353365108554_2184_12571983981__85153.1350761452.499.499.jpg

Thanks Mitas for the idea, but I'm actually ok with how the splatters look. I know there isn't a lot compared to how they should be.

Catfish I got my LEDs from here:

Red:
100 Pcs 3mm Ultra Bright Red Diffused LED Lamps | eBay

Yellow:
100 Pcs 3mm Ultra Bright Yellow Diffused LED Lamps | eBay

Green:
100 Pcs 3mm Ultra Bright Green Diffused LED Lamps | eBay

It seems like the green LEDs will always be the dimmest.

Robert, it looks like the green LEDs have a higher voltage requirement than the other colors. As I've said before, I'm no electronics expert. BUT, if you look at the wiring diagram I posted earlier where each LED of a certain color was wired in series, and then each row of three LEDs wired in parallel, it assumed each LED was 2.2V. Each row added up to 6.6 volts, and a small (150 ohm) resistor was needed for each row to bleed off the excessive voltage for that row as compared to the 9V source voltage.

With the green LEDs you're using (and maybe this applies to the others as well) having a higher voltage drop than the red and yellow ones, the resistor for that row of green LEDs should just be left off, as even without a resistor the 3.3V LEDs X 3 = 10V needed to fully power that row of LEDs. Adding a resistor for that row would just dim them even further.

Does that make sense?

I just finished these up for a member. Almost done with another pair and just starting my last 2 conversions for customers.... UGH!!!!

null-48.jpg

Has anyone thought of making a pair of MAGs for their significant other? lol
Like this (hoverboard MAGs):
nIKEMAGHOVERBOARD.jpg

A few things I would change about this would be the clear sole being purple and purple splatter. It's to resemble the purple rectangle on the bottom of the hoverboard. Also change the yellow strap to pink to resemble the foot strap and make the laces yellow instead.

Picture courtesy of Jedifyfe.

Last edited:
After my attempt at ironing down the laces. Shoes on the Hover Board!

View attachment 181839

awesome job!
i really love your photos! what cannon are you using? they are super sharp your pictures, i really need to get a new camera!

- - - Updated - - -

A question for anyone who has the RD mags.
Do anyone have a measurement for the height of the front lip on the soles and the height of the back lip of the soles?
Just doing some digging into seeing what else can be done to these shoes.

Thanks airair, and yes they are really sharp indeed! I use a Canon T2i Rebel camera with a 50mm (nifty fifty) portrait lens.

So here's the full set of pictures taken.
8721907509_2e5277d310_k.jpg
8721907635_8ac4813af8_k.jpg
8721907757_67ebcf3aaa_k.jpg
8721907863_87cc9b8b0f_k.jpg
8721907963_6b27d96576_k.jpg

The pictures were made using a long exposure technique. I did this so that way I wouldn't have to use any light that wasn't coming from the shoes themselves. I really love the various hues of reds and blues the shoes give off.

And finally one with Photoshop Magic
8723139868_a9f3766de5_k.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone thought of making a pair of MAGs for their significant other?

Yep as soon as I get mine sorted, I can start on hers. They will be the same grey with white trim. The goal is to have both pair up and running (with lights) by the July/August for the P!NK concert.

Photos are great and the shoes look amazing. Maybe yourself or anyone else that has these can tell me, does the material 'glisten' in light/photo flash on all pairs or have you coated your pair with something??

Last edited:
No I haven't taken them out in public yet. But I will eventually. I don't think they "glisten". Perhaps it was just the way the photos came out.

Updated hoverboard MAGs:
HoverboardMAGs_zpse16595bd.png

Please excuse the bad GIMP work. Also I can't shake the feeling that the ankle buckle and top white cuff should be a different color, but oh well.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer just the fabric color be changed. With the just the right tone of pink.
8725283350_729f0ee853_b.jpg

Attachments

• nike-mag-2-xl.jpg
    nike-mag-2-xl.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back