Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all goes well guys I should have only one pair of modded straps available to offer. I'm still waiting for that order with the multiple straps to come in. Hopefully that will be soon.

I used the stock ankle buckle, cut into it, and installed the DC jack for charging. Later I'm going to paint it white to blend in. And right now the wires you see connected aren't anymore because I realized I would have to solder them to the battery while inside the shoe if they stayed like that. Which is basically impossible.
DSC00188_zpsfd375e3a.jpg

Last edited:
I used the stock ankle buckle, cut into it, and installed the DC jack for charging. Later I'm going to paint it white to blend in. And right now the wires you see connected aren't anymore because I realized I would have to solder them to the battery while inside the shoe if they stayed like that. Which is basically impossible.
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t444/Replicator5/DSC00188_zpsfd375e3a.jpg
What about installing a socket/plug like an RCA jack (male/female) that will allow you can unplug the battery?

If all goes well guys I should have only one pair of modded straps available to offer. I'm still waiting for that order with the multiple straps to come in. Hopefully that will be soon.

Well put my name down Robert:)
I csn send you payments whenever. I have your PayPal so judt let me know.
Cheers

Has anyone ordered off of Aliexpress lately? Are they still stocking them or are these become more limited?

I bought another 3 sets of the 750mha 9v batteries that Taff posted and they are all hitting just around 4 hours before the LED's go to red. Amazing batteries!

What about installing a socket/plug like an RCA jack (male/female) that will allow you can unplug the battery?

I don't understand the question.

An RCA socket/plug is a relatively small connector that can be added on the leads to give you the ability to unplug the components. This way you don't have to hard wire everything. I will probably use these from the lead wires from the 9V battery terminal.

I bought another 3 sets of the 750mha 9v batteries that Taff posted and they are all hitting just around 4 hours before the LED's go to red. Amazing batteries!

For those of you with completed shoes... when your 9v batteries are "dead" and need recharging, do any lights still come on at all?
I'm just mulling over in my head about incorporating the charging port, and it occurred to me, how does one tell if the Judco switch is on or off once it's hidden in the cuff and the battery is dead?
If there is no indication by the EL and LEDs, you wouldn't want to accidentally fry everything by plugging in the charger while the shoe switch is in the ON position.

For those of you with completed shoes... when your 9v batteries are "dead" and need recharging, do any lights still come on at all?
I'm just mulling over in my head about incorporating the charging port, and it occurred to me, how does one tell if the Judco switch is on or off once it's hidden in the cuff and the battery is dead?
If there is no indication by the EL and LEDs, you wouldn't want to accidentally fry everything by plugging in the charger while the shoe switch is in the ON position.

When they go out, remember to only hit the switches again to turn the buttons off once you go to charge it. Don't hit the buttons at all before you go to charge them.

My very first aqua strap.
8693301257_a7fe3fe43f_b.jpg

I guess its a little hard to tell the color difference but it definitely is brighter than the light blue panel.

Jedifyfe, are you going to incorporate charging ports to any of your pairs?

- - - Updated - - -

An RCA socket/plug is a relatively small connector that can be added on the leads to give you the ability to unplug the components. This way you don't have to hard wire everything. I will probably use these from the lead wires from the 9V battery terminal.

You wouldn't be able to do that without feeling them when you wear the shoes. The only application of using those jacks would be for display purposes only.

I sucessfully soldered a row of green lights. The only problem is that they are super dim. I got 12v LEDs like Taff said, so I don't know why they're not bright enough. I'm recharging one of my batteries right now. Let's see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Nope...

Last edited:
I sucessfully soldered a row of green lights. The only problem is that they are super dim. I got 12v LEDs like Taff said, so I don't know why they're not bright enough. I'm recharging one of my batteries right now. Let's see if that makes a difference.

Yes I had this same issue when I first started putting together my LED lights. You must make sure that each light is securely connected to the next one. No weak connections and no short circuiting.

Yes I had this same issue when I first started putting together my LED lights. You must make sure that each light is securely connected to the next one. No weak connections and no short circuiting.

I can get 3 to light up perfectly, but once I try to do the 4th, they all go dim again. I've tried to secure each connection, but I get the same result. Also when I connect the each LED by itself it lights up fine, so I know none of the LEDs are bad.

Edit: I've decided to un solder everything and start from scratch. I'll do it tomorrow.

Last edited:
You wouldn't be able to do that without feeling them when you wear the shoes. The only application of using those jacks would be for display purposes only.

I don't know. I intend to hide the battery/plug in the collar and since you wearing these shoes with jeans, you are going to have a heap of extra 'padding' in there as well. So I don't see it as an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

My very first aqua strap.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8126/8693301257_a7fe3fe43f_b.jpg
I guess its a little hard to tell the color difference but it definitely is brighter than the light blue panel.
Nice! Robert, the ankle buckle looks like plastic but I am sure I read it is foam. What is it made from and is it hard or soft?

My inverters arrived today that are super tiny and will fit inside the buckle. i am not doing a 9v setup as i dont trust myself just yet doing a rewire of the whole shoe so i am just going to power the strap and el sole for now. its a 6v setup hoping my el sheet arrives tomorrow so i can test it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back