10th Doctor's Red/Maroon Trainers

Since the topic has come up, a few things that make wearing Chucks much easier:

1) they run about half a size large. I wear a (US) 10 1/2, so I order 10s in CTs.

2) Insoles. Best I've found are from footshox. World of difference.

3) Talc/baby powder. Every day the first week, be sure to rub well into the heel plate. Then after they're broken in, just for comfort and taking up the moisture.

Also, Converse make a couple of colors that are close to various TARDIS blues, so you know... :) not just black, maroon, off-white...

i had a maroon pair size 14 ( i wear 15's) they do run a bit large.

My first pair started coming apart after 2 weeks. It was an issue from the manufacturer.. 2nd Pair have held up great.

Yeah, they're durable. The great thing about the off-white ones is that even if they start to look grubby, they still look the part. 10's maroon ones always seemed to be in better nick.

For some strange reason they fit me better if I go up in size. I usually wear a 7 1/2 but my Chucks are 9's and they fit me better than any other pair of shoes I've owned.

Asked for the maroon ones for Christmas. I ended up with purple ones. Not sure how that happened but I'm in the process of fixing it.

Since the topic has come up, a few things that make wearing Chucks much easier:

1) they run about half a size large. I wear a (US) 10 1/2, so I order 10s in CTs.

2) Insoles. Best I've found are from footshox. World of difference.

3) Talc/baby powder. Every day the first week, be sure to rub well into the heel plate. Then after they're broken in, just for comfort and taking up the moisture.

Also, Converse make a couple of colors that are close to various TARDIS blues, so you know... :) not just black, maroon, off-white...

Hmm....I'm tempted to try this. I had read that they can be a size too big as well......
Is it a half size down from the UK size or the US size?

I love converse shoes and when I saw that Tennent wore them as the Doc I had to get them. But they kill me feet and even my knees when I wear them...but I ordered my usual size and I used some hard plastic insoles from my Podiatrists that I place in all my shoes and they didn't help at all.

Sry, got back to this a bit late. As I've just ordered footshox for two new pair, it's on my mind. :)

I've ordered half-size down for the last couple of years. So, instead of 10 1/2 I order tens, and do the same for the insoles.

Then for the first week or so the talc/baby powder goes into the heels etc. At that point, if worn daily, the canvas will start to behave. I add the powder in for a second week or more til it's fairly softened up and the heel's no longer an issue. (I break in a couple of pair at a time). Figure a good dozen wearings before it's got to a nice feel. But from day one I have no problems.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back