Minneapolis Prop Party January 19, 2013

OB10

Sr Member
Hey Gang,

There will be a Prop Party at the Twin Cities Maker shop space, The Hack Factory on Saturday, January 19 from 3PM until 10PM... or so. Minnesota Prop Parties have been known to last much later than that.... and, also, people have been known to hang out our shop, for much... much later than that.

I've put up a blog post: Twin Cities Maker » Blog Archive » Replica Movie Prop Party

The Hack Factory is at 3119 E 26th St, Minneapolis, and a map to The Hack Factory is here: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=The+Hack+Factory,+3119+E+26th+St,+Minneapolis

Stargate Universe? .... none that I know of. Rook might have some, but I don't know if he'll be able to make the trek down here. :confused

Waaah I get back into the country just days after this. I would love to go though XD I'll definitely keep my eyes open for future ones!

Waaah I get back into the country just days after this. I would love to go though XD I'll definitely keep my eyes open for future ones!

That's a bummer! I know Scott and Chris have also been talking about having a Prop Party sometime soon. And if turns out as well at the TC Maker shop as I hope it does, we should be able to have some there again at some point. A bunch of us will also be having some displays (The Propatorium) at Marscon (MarsCon - A fan run science fiction convention for all ages!) March 1-3, and at Springcon (Midwest Comic Book Association ( MCBA ) | Facebook - not seeing much new info there yet) in May.

I hope you can make it, Tony! It's been a long time. :)

And for screen-used... I'm not sure. Minnesota Jones has a couple pieces (part of the German Flying Wing from Raiders and one of Indy's holsters) but he's going to be busy on the 19th, and there's a couple who have some Trek props, but they're from out of town and weather can always be an issue in Minnesota. :unsure

Excellent :D I'm returning to the world of costumes and props after a year and a half hiatus (and I plan to move to the cities in the fall as well) so it would be amazing to meet up with other enthusiasts and network a bit lol

I've heard of marscon before but I mainly went to anime conventions before. I may just have to check it out this year :D

Sounds like a lot of fun! :cool

Do you need to be a current HackFactory member to attend?

Nope, you just need to be able to find the place. A few TC Maker members are propishly oriented, but most aren't actively building. A bunch like to see them, but they have other priorities. So we're having the local RPF, 501st, etc., plus TCM members hang out for a bit and geek out over props, whether you're an official member of any organization or just someone curious.

Okay, here's a link to some pics from last weekend.

Flickr: obi10_1999's Photostream

Thanks for everyone who came! It seems everyone had a good time, and I think we were able to educate and entertain some people who may not have been able to see real or replica props before. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back