Bilbo's backpack and costume (the Hobbit Movie)

IndyFanChuck

Sr Member
I have been researching the Hobbit costume for Bilbo's new costume. And I have come up with NOTHING about his new backpack. It's amazing. Very nice, leather, and there is a beautiful design. I can't even find photos online.

After seeing the movie tonight my wife decided that was my next costume project!

Anyone have any photos or news on this costume? I only have a few photos from online. I figure I can make this my Thread Build and share progress over the next few months.

Let me know if anyone has photos they can post up or link me to of Bilbo's new costume, especially his gear!

Thanks!!!!

---Chuck

Check out the "Chronicles" book from Weta.. has a chapter on Bilbo's costumes & accessories including the backpack. Has the production designs of the pack & details, which are so close to the real thing.
I'm using that book to create a few props for my Bofur costume - even a few that aren't shown in the movie. Good luck with your build!

I got that book for Christmas, so why not share? There was only a page for bilbo, but I think it has everything you'll need to get started on the backpack.

8331086094_b817ac6b2e_c.jpg

8330031763_247eaa49bc_z.jpg
8331081764_6aa17bd998_z.jpg

8331084022_1104df7a6f_c.jpg

Also- bonus pipe design. That should be a must in your costume.
8331080574_4a69136e7b_c.jpg

Hope that helps!

Hello everybody

So, my first visit on a Forum ever... which is a shame as I`m a huge collector of Movie Costumes and Replicas and there`are so many talented People in here whit whom I`d like to share my experiences :).

Now I just thought you might be interested in the fact that I`m working on this fantastic backpack in addition to my Bilbo Baggins Costume which gets tailored for me by Magnoli Clothiers (the Kiwis who also makes the best Joker-replicas out there).

Here are some of the measurements of the Backpack:

Bilbo_Baggins_Back_Pack_Details_Seite_3.jpg

Bilbo_Baggins_Back_Pack_Details_Seite_4.jpg

Bilbo_Baggins_Back_Pack_Details_Seite_1.jpg

Bilbo_Baggins_Back_Pack_Details_Seite_1.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back