Anyone play Star Wars The Old Republic?

laserpistol76

Now that SWTOR is free, I want to play it. I've read some reviews and the game has gotten both good and bad reviews. Is it any good?

I'm a subscriber. I started playing a few months ago and am enjoying the hell out of it. It's not perfect by any means, but the gameplay is good and they've actually paid attention to storytelling which is one of my favorite things. Each class has its own storyline that you play through. My main character (a Imperial Agent) is level 30 and is still working through Chapter 1 of her three part storyline. :)

We play on Begeren Colony, the Roleplay server, if you want to team up sometime. My Imperial is Zurunia and my Republic smuggler is Ykaterina.

Thanks for the reminder. I meant to try it after it went free - downloading now. If you've got a slow internet connection - yeesh. First download bit is 1.6 gig :)

Ahh man....as soon as the 1.6 gig one finishes comes an 11.5 gig download.

I might get to play around midnight :)

Last edited:
I actually started the other day. Don't mind the game overall so far, it's more of something to kick me off of wow than anything else.

I'm new to MMO games, I've only played Xbox once, the Wii a few times...How does SWTOR work?
Also...My friend recommended me to get a graphics card so that when I play, it is better quality. Do I really need one for SWTOR? I really don't care about having the BEST graphics, but higher quality would be nice.

Really depends on how much of the background/detail you want to see. Be prepared for a lot of monotony, these games are designed so that you need to keep playing to progress. Also if your a tad anti social gaming wise then it may be a bit harder as some quests and dungeons require groups to complete.

I am on The Bastion(PVP West Coast) Server Imperial Side with 2 level 50's. One is a Marauder(Jedi Sentinel) the other is a Sith Sorcerer(Jedi Sage). Anyone who is looking to try it out and wants to join my server(Imperial side) is more then welcome to, I still play quite a lot. I would do my best to help you. PM me your toon names so I know who to look out for if you do join my server!!!

SWTOR is good when it comes to pve and storyline when leveling up. pvp isnt horrible but it could be alot better. Depending if it has to be free 2 play you could try various others that dont require that much out of your pc. DCUO for example.

I've been playing since launch and I think it's pretty good. I found it very much like Warcraft with a star wars face lift. They recently added some new space combat missions that are extra difficult just to **** off the people who were saying that part of the game was too easy.

I can see where people could get bored with it but Im one of those achievement ****** and mount collectors so I have stayed busy doing silly stuff and raiding a few times a week seeing all the end game content. There's a new expansion and level increase coming in a few months as well.

SWTOR is good when it comes to pve and storyline when leveling up. pvp isnt horrible but it could be alot better. Depending if it has to be free 2 play you could try various others that dont require that much out of your pc. DCUO for example.

There was like over 20gig to download. Took ages and i'm on a 15mb connection!

I only played about 30 minutes, but I can tell you a lower end card wouldn't be too big a deal if you're not a hard core gamer. Default specs are 1024x768 and low detail. It didn't look great, but it plays fine. That should run on pretty much any card made in the last 5 years. Probably a couple more than that.

I knocked it up immediately to 1920x1080 and high or very high detail on everything. Plays like a charm. I'd imagine those settings wouldn't be too much for a top of the line card from 2009, probably 2008.

From the few in game video's i've seen, it looks like the tech of 20,000 years ago (that's when this supposedly is, right?) would have beaten the snot out of the prequel tech. Clone/trooper armor didn't change a whole lot over there years. Looks like more change from ROTS to ANH than KOR to TPM.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back