Skyrim dwarven dagger

chrisrunner55

Hey guys long time viewer first time posting, a little while back I started on a build I had been wanting to do for a while, the dwarven dagger from skyrim. I know that it will take a long time and a lot of trial and error, so I thought I'd bring you along for the ride.

So I started out doing a vector line drawing in Illustrator using a really high res shot I found.

ScreenShot2012-09-28at73656PM.png

I playing around with the scaling in photoshop got it as close to game accurate size.

IMG_1125.jpg

I then stenciled and cut 2 sheets of 1/4 in MDF testing the MDF layering method I've seen Volpin Props do. This test was great because it helped me to figure out how I'm going to cut the detail pieces when I start the real build.

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

I know the dagger is not a flat thin blade and I've been having a hard time getting good high res side and top profile shots to continue. I've tried taking photos with a DSLR on a high def TV but I'm losing crucial detail. If anyone has the ability to get high res render screenshots of top and side profile views I would be very grateful. Thanks and stay tuned. :)

Thats cool looking can't wait to see it finished i have a pep file for mecers Razor from skyrim that i want to make but havn't started it yet. I found a thred the other day with a ton of skyrim pep files on it . i also have started a Dragon preist mask that i hope to be done with soon.

Oh very cool, definetly gonna watch this...been thinking of doing the same as well. Found a thread with Skyrim files, several weapons that I would love to make.

Thanks for sharing!

Thats cool looking can't wait to see it finished i have a pep file for mecers Razor from skyrim that i want to make but havn't started it yet. I found a thred the other day with a ton of skyrim pep files on it . i also have started a Dragon preist mask that i hope to be done with soon.

*Mehrunes' Razor. Will you post the link the Pep file thread?

FWIW, there's lots of ripped files out there. Not amazing detail, as usual, most of the important stuff in in normal and texture maps, baked from HD models. If you're doing pep, please be aware you're going to end up with something very flat-looking and not representative of the feel of the game weapons at all. For a only few weapons it's plausible to layer details on or sand and sculpt later.

This russian modder and 3D guy has a lot of models uploaded:
SKYRIM Weapons Pack Giveaway - YouTube
You can import his objs into pepakura, pretty sure he has the texture files there as well.
Also has armor and Dawnguard stuff, though at that low level of polygonal interpolation they're a little too rough to go to pep right away.

Sorry about the derail. Let's see those dagger details! :)

Hell yeah, Skyrim props are awesome!!!!! I quite like the Ebony axe and the Ebony Blade (I think that's what it's called, it looks like a big samurai sword). Can't wait to see some progress pics!

Excellent Project!

What tools will you use to carve/etch out the runes on he blade and hilt?

I haven't really figured that part out yet, I was thinking maybe cutting the patterns out of styrene sheets and adhering them to the dagger so if/when I get to mold and cast the dagger it just looks like a raised etching.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back