Anyone use a cube 3d printer?

I haven't used any brand of 3d printers, myself, but I have been doing research into them as well. The Cube looks nicer than the Printrbot LC (Printrbot.com) but for the price and performance I would go with the Printrbot. The Printrbot LC costs $550 and it has a 6x6x6 print bed. I believe that the printing resolution is better on the printrbot, also, but I could not find that information on the printrbot website. I think I read it in the printrbot forums.

Also, I read something about the Cubify having cartridges. The Printrbot runs off of a spool. The only draw back to the printrbot is that, for that price, you have to put it together and calibrate it yourself. But that is something that I would be willing to do.

I think it was Make Magazine that reviewed both of the machines, and other machines, and they declared the Printrbot jr a better deal overall. The Printrbot jr has a 4x4x4 printbed and only costs $399. But it only makes prints out of PLA material.

Before you settle on a 3d printer, you should also look into the user base / support (forums etc) that can provide support for you when things go wrong.

C

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back