Suicide Girl Olivia Black Fired from Pawn Stars

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Olivia Black Fired From Pawn Stars After Racy Past As A Suicide Girl Revealed | Radar Online

I think there is a VERY interesting and important discussion to be had here that directly applies to the costuming community.

The media constantly tells you to "be yourself" and "do your own thing" and not to let anyone judge you and people are buying into the hype. However, in the real world, your past and the things you do online can and will haunt/hurt you and your future potential. Whether you like it or not or whether you think it is right or not, you will be judged and I think it borders on criminal that a generation of costumers are being led to believe otherwise.

Thoughts?

Funny, I've been cautioning costumers for years that their hobby can come back and bite them in the future.
When I was being investigated for my security clearance in the Army, a photo of me from a WW2 re-enactment was researched by the FBI, I was told later, and I was dressed as an American WW2 soldier!

I have no doubt the producers of the show knew about this. Considering it's Pawn Stars and vegas i'm amazed they made a big deal about it. If anything it probably would get them clientele.

That is bs! I can't believe that the producers were unaware of this. Besides SG is playboy with tattoos. It's funny how a model isn't a model across the board. Look at all the girls that did Playboy and still have work on network television

A friend of mine went on a road trip for work. While at a hotel, he decided to go through some of his prop stuff he had in a tub in his car and throw some stuff out. There was some fake clips and various other things from Starship Troopers. When the maid service went to empty the can in his room, they notified authorities and he was investigated. They thought he was planning something and called his employer about the incident. Fortunately, his boss knew about his hobby and figured the stuff they found was part of it, although they still questioned him about it.

You break wind these days and you get investigated. The Pittsburgh bomb squad keeps getting called out because homeless folks leave their stuff for five minutes and everyone starts crapping bricks.

Whether you like it or not or whether you think it is right or not, you will be judged and I think it borders on criminal that a generation of costumers are being led to believe otherwise.

Just wait till you find out what the future has in store for you Art. You think your Shaw > Ripley argument wouldn't leave any repercussions?

:devil

I suspect that the majority of the people who were still watching Pawn Stars at this point, were only watching it for Olivia. They just shot themselves in the foot.

OK, I'm totally lost on this one. I have no idea who that girl is, and I do watch Pawn Stars :confused

My local cable must be receiving a reduced-price Discovery / History package or something, and we must still be in a previous season here :( (?)

On topic, yep, in this age of the internet, everything you do is on record, somewhere, and one can almost never escape their past if they have done anything 'bad' online.

Point is what is considered good or bad ?

Unfortunately, the sometimes warped established 'norms of society' are the judge of that, not the individuals who may think they have done nothing wrong, and probably haven't anyway.

Would I be able to get a job as a diplomat if I had pics of me on the net partying in a Tarzan loin-cloth at DragonCon ? Probably not :lol

OK, I'm totally lost on this one. I have no idea who that girl is, and I do watch Pawn Stars :confused

My local cable must be receiving a reduced-price Discovery / History package or something, and we must still be in a previous season here :( (?)

On topic, yep, in this age of the internet, everything you do is on record, somewhere, and one can almost never escape their past if they have done anything 'bad' online.

Point is what is considered good or bad ?

Unfortunately, the sometimes warped established 'norms of society' are the judge of that, not the individuals who may think they have done nothing wrong, and probably haven't anyway.

Would I be able to get a job as a diplomat if I had pics of me on the net partying in a Tarzan loin-cloth at DragonCon ? Probably not :lol

I think it was last year, they were interviewing people for the night crew. She got the job, and appears once in a while. The shows usually has Chum staying late to help her..... She might have been on 3-4 shows a season, for all of about 5 min per show.

I have no doubt the producers of the show knew about this. Considering it's Pawn Stars and vegas i'm amazed they made a big deal about it. If anything it probably would get them clientele.

I was reading this online last night before Art posted this. I came across a few stories and in one, they admit the cast and producers knew, they just didn't want it to get out. Once it did, they had to pretend to take the moral high ground to protect the shows name. But thr said the cast loved looking at the photos :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back