Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Bro, another factoid. Did you know the iPhone camera can show brightness the eye can't see? WizardBTTF. I'm telling you to take my word for it. And like I said I csn wire you a system and send you the panels and you play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro, another factoid. Did you know the iPhone camera can show brightness the eye can't see? @WizardBTTF. I'm telling you to take my word for it. And like I said I csn wire you a system and send you the panels and you play.

True man, it's hard to pick up on camera what LEDS actually look like. Sorry, if I came off as a d*ck wasn't my intentions. I'd be curious to see how exactly your doing it, either through pics of the back of the panel or sending me a panel. PM if you want.

You want to make clear soles for V3s ?

Yes because mine are now the colour of a lite beer.

when you do it this way, how do you make up the thickness of the clear soles that you would get if you remove them and do it seperately?

One I build the mold up to be self supporting, I can demold the shoe and know that the sole parts themselves are the exact same shape as those on the shoe. When I demolded soles off the V2s to use those parts as a part of the masters, I had to be careful not to strech or distort the original parts so that my replacement parts would actually fit. Apart from the fact that I had to make custom bases, you might have found sometimes my cast parts didn't quite line up. I am hoping this method solves that issue.

From there I will slush cast in some D65 plastic and then begin my sculpting. The last soles I made were a bit thick, so I am hoping that I can create these to be the right size. The D65 is a hard plastic, but is soft enough to work, so shaping and sanding can be achieved. The goal is to make these parts about 3mm thick.

So this will be the 4th time I have made molds for these clear soles and I want to see if I can get the best parts of all the previous versions into this one.

@cavx, you should do a complete sole that could be casted with any colour :D

Yeah in time I would, but I still need to make these parts are separate.

hot spots have been defeated @WizardBTTF time to tackle the hard things.

I like that look. EL is uniform, but but not bright. I like the gradual fade out here. This is different to the normal LED hotspots.

Ok these are about done. I have added at least 3 layers so they should free stand when demolded.
0698fea7b60f649941289e937dd5ad12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That is beauty of silicone. It just peels off once cured. I think because the pink silicon is tin based and the clear is platinum based, as I did find some uncured clear on the midsole. Very carefully cleaned off with warm water.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

is there pink stains all over them now or is it just the pic?!

Yeah that is interesting. Must be light because the white bottle beside the shoes has also got pink blobs all over it too. Pink stuff didn't get past the bottom of the tape. Clear actually did penetrate and I found uncured silicone around the back of both heel cups. So I really don't know that is going on there.

- - - Updated - - -

good job
crystal clear soles look clean as ****
kinda like glass
cinderlla glass shoes lol
but nevertheless awesome

That is the silicone, not the cast parts. I have only cast white plastic (D65) so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Great piece of art !

Thanks. Getting there.

Everyone seen the Jaden Smith video of him kicking is 2011 MAGs in the dirt? #dumb

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back