Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Got an email notification of someone selling MAGs on eBay. Blurred images and only photos of the shoes, yet description says "brand new in box".
This is probably the only sure way to tell if these shoes are real or not.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~GMAAOSwYIxX4LxT/s-l1600.jpg

Note the fine seam line that runs around the base of the midsole. V3s don't seem to have this.

RD Mags? If so how much are they asking?

I guess you are right with it being impractical. But with mags already having a space for the battery and already having straps it might be easier than doing it on other shoes. People might be more willing to try it on the v2's with them being cheaper and more people familiar with taking them apart.

A couple of things. The motor box needs to be located in the correct place for the laces to work. There is a battery compartment in the soles of the MAGs, but is it in the right place to allow this motor box to be added?

To get the laces to work, you will need to open the MAGs, remove the elastic and replace that with the straps. Then you need to attach the straps to the motor. They you need to mount the motor into the sole so it all aligns. I am sure only a select few will actually pull this off. I certainly won't be attempting this.

@WizardBTTF are you planning on doing an icy blue soles run?

I have been making sets, hope to sell soon. (Still haven't been a member 90 days yet) Anyone interested in sets...how much blue do you want? I have been doing sets above which are clearly icy blue, and some that are only slightly blue (see the 3rd photo above the one on the left is very slightly tinted) Also, once you actually glue these onto the shoe they look less blue because of the grey background. These photos make them look really blue because they are on a white background. If you are wanting 2011 accurate...I haven't owned them, but it looks like they actually only have a very slight tint of blue.

Attachments

• IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 276
Definitely a bit sketchy, unless someone with a reputable background can confirm. I think David is still our best bet, being the most trustworthy seller we all know at the moment

I have been communicating with this $400 seller today and it seems he is keen to do business. Payments are to be made by WU and shipping is free.
I need to confirm about the lights. His images have lights working.

I have been making sets, hope to sell soon. (Still haven't been a member 90 days yet) Anyone interested in sets...how much blue do you want? I have been doing sets above which are clearly icy blue, and some that are only slightly blue (see the 3rd photo above the one on the left is very slightly tinted) Also, once you actually glue these onto the shoe they look less blue because of the grey background. These photos make them look really blue because they are on a white background. If you are wanting 2011 accurate...I haven't owned them, but it looks like they actually only have a very slight tint of blue.
Wow those look amazing. My bad, I had totally forgot that you had to wait 90 days.

I have been communicating with this $400 seller today and it seems he is keen to do business. Payments are to be made by WU and shipping is free.
I need to confirm about the lights. His images have lights working.

The seller don jon found? He still hasn't sent a link.

I believe the RDs only had a slight blue tint and it shows more in pictures and video than in person.

Got an email notification of someone selling MAGs on eBay. Blurred images and only photos of the shoes, yet description says "brand new in box".
This is probably the only sure way to tell if these shoes are real or not.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~GMAAOSwYIxX4LxT/s-l1600.jpg

Note the fine seam line that runs around the base of the midsole. V3s don't seem to have this.

Nope, I can confirm - just went and checked mine, and no seam line whatsoever - (these were the size 9.5's I haven't even worn out of the house yet so the seam couldn't possibly have worn away) however I did notice that there are 3 of those little tiny 'nubbins' in the location that the seam line would be - about the same size as the ones on the NIKE logo on the heel cup.

Nope, I can confirm - just went and checked mine, and no seam line whatsoever - (these were the size 9.5's I haven't even worn out of the house yet so the seam couldn't possibly have worn away) however I did notice that there are 3 of those little tiny 'nubbins' in the location that the seam line would be - about the same size as the ones on the NIKE logo on the heel cup.
I know a visible seam line sounds like something you wouldn't want on your product, but it seems to be one of the last few identifiable marks on these shoes. Yes the reps are that good, that if it were not for these, i would have reported it as a fake.

That would make sense those 'nubbins' would be there as that is a good place to injection fill these from. If I were molding and casting these, I'd do these upside down and have smallish fill tubes that could be ground off as well.

um, wouldn't it be better to have the injection fill tubes on the inside, which would be under the insole? Unless people pulled apart the shoe, you'd never see them then.
Those nubbins are pretty tiny, don't know how much material you could put in there to fill the rest of the midsole..... but then again, Ive never done anything like that so my assumption of needing a larger 'pipe' for filling a mold quickly before the material sets might be way off. If the liquid form of the midsole came through holes the size of these nubbins, it'd have to be not much thicker than custard or maybe even milk to avoid heaps of air getting in.
Unless...... these are the air vents which excess air gets pushed out through, with the 'liquid in' tube being elsewhere..... Anyone on here ever done anything like trying to make midsoles?

um, wouldn't it be better to have the injection fill tubes on the inside, which would be under the insole? Unless people pulled apart the shoe, you'd never see them then.

Well it seems like that would be best, but in the real world of casting rubber, tipping the mold upside down ensures the rubber flows the tips of the sides. If the part was flat, then yes, you would have fill and air holes on the side you won't see them. Also in this case, there is no tread as that is a separate part. If the outer soles were a part of this part, then you would have to pour up the right way to ensure reproduction of all the threads formed. I still have the very first clear sole where I poured it upside down and trapped air in the tips of all the pyramids.

Those nubbins are pretty tiny, don't know how much material you could put in there to fill the rest of the midsole..... but then again, Ive never done anything like that so my assumption of needing a larger 'pipe' for filling a mold quickly before the material sets might be way off. If the liquid form of the midsole came through holes the size of these nubbins, it'd have to be not much thicker than custard or maybe even milk to avoid heaps of air getting in.
Unless...... these are the air vents which excess air gets pushed out through, with the 'liquid in' tube being elsewhere..... Anyone on here ever done anything like trying to make midsoles?

They inject this stuff in the factories. In my case, those stems would have to be much larger to allow the thick liquid (think honey) flow.

I feel like it's also very questionable because he doesn't have pictures with the lights turned on.

Good point. Maybe why he is selling?

Yeah I saw a pair of RDs being sold on ebay about a month or so back where they didn't light up because the electronics were broken from a flood. Box has looked like it had flood damage as well.

A no-EL shoe? If you wouldn't mind, I'd like the link. Thanks.

Here's a site that also supposedly has the V3 for $400.

http://www.shoesgooddeal.ru/?Authentic-Air-Mag-2015-p521976.html

this is the site i was talking about

if u check the youtube video
the strap does not have the wire indents we all see on the v3 straps
also the seller cofirmed they dont light up when i sent him pictures of how my shoes look like when they light up
his version costs 390 usd shipped with freight insurance

this is the site i was talking about

if u check the youtube video
the strap does not have the wire indents we all see on the v3 straps
also the seller cofirmed they dont light up when i sent him pictures of how my shoes look like when they light up
his version costs 390 usd shipped with freight insurance

Oh, okay. That's a pretty funny coincidence. I have had my eye on that site since they introduced the red supreme Mag. I mentioned the $400 V3, and then it was basically forgotten.

The shoes definitely have the EL panel in there. I wonder what the deal is? No way he could sustain business getting "seconds" or something like that. Maybe he just means that one single pair in the pictures don't light up.

The Chinese Yuan is about 1/10 that of the USD so let's assume these shoes cost about $150USD, so if they sell them for $400, they make way more after conversion to their currency.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back