Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Haha well, I thought the V2s were as good as we were ever goanna get, that's why I bought 2 pairs when they first came out :D I didn't think there'd ever be a V3 as good as these but sometimes it's nice to be wrong, isn't it?

And I thought as the shoes became popular, that they would update the design. We all found points of concern and those were discussed in depth, but nothing changed for almost 3 years. We get an almost perfect replica, then we get bombarded by "variations", none of which equal the standard we now expect. Funny how when you don't have something, you except what ever you can that is close. Once reach a certain level, very hard to come down.

I 1484850074344-1287005074.jpg
Well, just got a spot of water on them. Will this go away on its own?

Just kidding. It may leave a "stain" but all you have to do is lightly wash the entire upper with water and then heat dry them with a hairdryer

Im waiting for QC pics of the updated version , out of stock at the moment they tell me , i dont know how if they are just released. will have to wait until after Chinese new year too i guess

That video showed, sure. Most of the other posted photos seem to suggest they are bright.

Do you think the V3 is an exact cyan colour?
Has anyone taken a picture which shows a true reflection of the actual EL Panel colour.
I'd like get the colour hex code for the shade. For those that had the 2011 authentic, is the shade of EL identical on the V3 or a bit bluish?

Last edited:
Do you think the V3 is an exact cyan colour?
Has anyone taken a picture which shows a true reflection of the actual EL Panel colour.
I'd like get the colour hex code for the shade. For those that had the 2011 authentic, is the shade of EL identical on the V3 or a bit bluish?

If I get time today, I will take a measurement using my colorimeter.

If your video display is calibrated (so many are not) and you have the Blu-ray of BTTF2, you will see the true colour of the EL when he puts the shoes on for the first time. CYAN is a strange colour because even though it is equal amounts of blue and green, it tends to look more green to the eye. Part of this is because as humans, we are more sensitive to green.

Did you know green makes up 72% of the white light we see?

- - - Updated - - -

IView attachment 699702
Well, just got a spot of water on them. Will this go away on its own?

When you clean this, be sure to use a clean cloth (I used a brand new dish cloth out of the packet for cleaning mine) and you go WITH the grain of the fabric.

I'm sure I read someone on here had the velcro on their V3s coming apart on the join between the hook and loop sections, and reccomended Tarzan's Grip to fix (can't find the original post just now) - mine were just starting to do this today, and after finding out super glue didn't work, I picked up some Tarzan's Grip during my run to the shops. Worked a treat.
For those of you that can't find it, I suppose most clear gel-type glues would do the trick..... pop a drop or two on the underside of the velcro, then bend a piece of carboard over the strap area you glued and hold that down with clothes pegs so the glue can dry. The cardboard is more to stop the leather from getting peg jaw indentations on it than anything else. :)

I'm sure I read someone on here had the velcro on their V3s coming apart on the join between the hook and loop sections, and reccomended Tarzan's Grip to fix (can't find the original post just now) - mine were just starting to do this today, and after finding out super glue didn't work, I picked up some Tarzan's Grip during my run to the shops. Worked a treat.
For those of you that can't find it, I suppose most clear gel-type glues would do the trick..... pop a drop or two on the underside of the velcro, then bend a piece of carboard over the strap area you glued and hold that down with clothes pegs so the glue can dry. The cardboard is more to stop the leather from getting peg jaw indentations on it than anything else. :)
Yeah I had this problem but I used locktite liquid super glue and has held up really well. I believe cavx was the one that used Tarzan's Grip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I had this problem but I used locktite liquid super glue and has held up really well. I believe @cavx was the one that used Tarzan's Grip.

Yes I did. The other strap also came apart, so I used Tarzan's Grip on that too.

I used the "tack method" where you apply glue to one or both surfaces, press together and then pull them apart for 1min. I actually time this. When you press them back together, they fuse fast and join won't need to be clamped. You can of course just glue, press and clamp if you want wriggle room or afraid of not lining the two parts up 100%. Then it takes about 30min to cure.

If Tarzan Grip is not available to you, I would suggest any clear gel type glues will work. The liquid superglues soak into the velcro and make the loop side hard and it won't stick anymore. The hook side tends to go brittle as well. These gel glues stick both sides and remain flexible.

If I get time today, I will take a measurement using my colorimeter.

If your video display is calibrated (so many are not) and you have the Blu-ray of BTTF2, you will see the true colour of the EL when he puts the shoes on for the first time. CYAN is a strange colour because even though it is equal amounts of blue and green, it tends to look more green to the eye. Part of this is because as humans, we are more sensitive to green.

Did you know green makes up 72% of the white light we see?

- - - Updated - - -

When you clean this, be sure to use a clean cloth (I used a brand new dish cloth out of the packet for cleaning mine) and you go WITH the grain of the fabric.

this is some pictures of a screen used pair.
its hard to tell the exact colour.

http://backtothefuturemuseum.com/en/back-to-the-future-ii-en-gb/nike-del-futuro-di-marty-mcfly-en-gb

this is some pictures of a screen used pair.
its hard to tell the exact colour.

http://backtothefuturemuseum.com/en/back-to-the-future-ii-en-gb/nike-del-futuro-di-marty-mcfly-en-gb

There are a few things to consider about judging colours of an item and the biggest is the ambient light around the object. Anything not a true white light will change out perception of the colours. This is true about things that both reflect and emit light. Notice the LEDs all appear yellow, yet we know that the top section should be green and the bottom section should be red. The fact is, these LEDs are adding yellow to the photo and that can change the way the EL looks.

Love that sock toe BTW :)

martys_future_nike_02.jpg

Actual measure of the EL off my V3 display pair.
attachment.php

So using my colorimeter and the V3, I took readings off both the strap and the soles. You can see grey points around the yellow point and that is the slight difference between the raw EL on the strap and the way the sole affects the light. The difference is slight, but still there. I doubt the eye would pick this up though.
This also shows that the EL outputs light that is both saturated and bright. The triangle on this chart is the new P3 or BT1886 colour spec of UHD. It is quite a bit larger than the BT709 colour gamut used for Blu-ray Disc.

Attachments

• Live EL measure.jpg
    Live EL measure.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 429
There are a few things to consider about judging colours of an item and the biggest is the ambient light around the object. Anything not a true white light will change out perception of the colours. This is true about things that both reflect and emit light. Notice the LEDs all appear yellow, yet we know that the top section should be green and the bottom section should be red. The fact is, these LEDs are adding yellow to the photo and that can change the way the EL looks.

Love that sock toe BTW :)

http://backtothefuturemuseum.com/im.../martys_future_nike/martys_future_nike_02.jpg

Actual measure of the EL off my V3 display pair.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=699843&d=1484916294

So using my colorimeter and the V3, I took readings off both the strap and the soles. You can see grey points around the yellow point and that is the slight difference between the raw EL on the strap and the way the sole affects the light. The difference is slight, but still there. I doubt the eye would pick this up though.
This also shows that the EL outputs light that is both saturated and bright. The triangle on this chart is the new P3 or BT1886 colour spec of UHD. It is quite a bit larger than the BT709 colour gamut used for Blu-ray Disc.

Thanks
What does it translate to as pantone or hex code?
Im trying to see what difference in shade i got to my other panels which were labelled grass green cyan.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back