Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Makes big difference. My tip when doing the bottom is to tip the shoe up so it sits on the heel cup. This way, if you get a run, it can only run onto the rubber heel cup and not touch the fabric.
@yellowkobe, what dye did you use?

I used the royal rit dye with sea glow. And thanks for the tip, I wasn't sure how I was going to do the bottom safely yet so that will def help.

Wow ! Would you mind to share me the amount of product you used so i could do the same results on my pair ? Thankies !
Time to push some nail polish and they're good to go ! :cool

I didn't measure it unfortunately, I just poured some seaglow in a little food carton and then poured some rit dye in it til it turned deep blue, which wasn't much at all. Then I applied it with a q-tip and left it on for around 5 mins and wiped it off with damp paper towels. Making sure I got in each of the waffle pattern to get the excess out so it won't have stained outlines. Next coat I'll probably let it sit for around ten mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you need to slim the toe and heel cup and back of the midsole is still wrong. Not to mention the pull holes and other details.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

oke i will take them!

Hold back a moment, did you not notice that it looks as those the 3rd red LED in from the back of the right shoe looks like it's not working? I'd ask for another couple of photos up close of that ASAP!

IMG_6105.PNG

Hold back a moment, did you not notice that it looks as those the 3rd red LED in from the back of the right shoe looks like it's not working? I'd ask for another couple of photos up close of that ASAP!

View attachment 710006

That would suck. One LED out, what a pain in the ass for everyone involved. I don't think these guys can "fix" that. All these shoes are wired during assembly.

yeah, thanks for noticing. but I don't mind it's all good.

You may be able to fix this yourself. If you were to reject this pair, not only would your sale be further delayed, this pair just gets offered to the next buyer. Hit them up for a discount for the fault. Might get you another $20 off the final price.

You may be able to fix this yourself. If you were to reject this pair, not only would your sale be further delayed, this pair just gets offered to the next buyer. Hit them up for a discount for the fault. Might get you another $20 off the final price.
You should be able to get more than $20. I got $20 back just for box being ripped up.

You should be able to get more than $20. I got $20 back just for box being ripped up.

I'd have to agree. I'd expect $75-100 for a fault like that.

My point being, he should get compensation for the fault and not just reject the shoes. The exact amount will depend on how well he negotiates with them. It is a win win if he takes them and gets a discount. It just becomes a drawn out process and pain for someone else, if he does not. They won't tear these shoes down to repair that themselves.

My point being, he should get compensation for the fault and not just reject the shoes. The exact amount will depend on how well he negotiates with them. It is a win win if he takes them and gets a discount. It just becomes a drawn out process and pain for someone else, if he does not. They won't tear these shoes down to repair that themselves.

I don't agree with not rejecting them. If he's genuinely not bothered then that's fair enough, but as I believe you've said, the compensation should reflect the severity of the fault. If he's happy to negotiate a discount & keep them then that's great, however whether it becomes someone else's problem upon rejection is irrelevant. That goes with buying anything & what customer service is for. They shouldn't be palming off sub-standard goods to anyone at full whack, reps or otherwise.

I don't agree with not rejecting them. If he's genuinely not bothered then that's fair enough, but as I believe you've said, the compensation should reflect the severity of the fault. If he's happy to negotiate a discount & keep them then that's great, however whether it becomes someone else's problem upon rejection is irrelevant. That goes with buying anything & what customer service is for. They shouldn't be palming off sub-standard goods to anyone at full whack, reps or otherwise.

These are not the real shoe. We should not be expecting perfection here. They are a very good replica, but they are not perfect.
These are a replica of essentially what is a replica (the real NIKE MAG is a replica of the movie shoe), so as we've discovered, there are things not quite right.

These guys (Davis and his team) have gone beyond any other supplier we have dealt with so far. But the same thing applies. I seriously don't think they own a warehouse full of product. They use the money you pay to go and buy a pair of shoes, take picks and then send them out. If a pair is rejected, it does not go back to the factory, it is on sold to the next person. I am sure my pair was rejected by someone here because of the strap logo not being 100% aligned on the left shoe. I did notice it when they first turned up, but I don't now that I've worn them a few times. And these shoes not cheap at close to $700AUD a pair.

Non working lights (failed batteries) are quite a big issue on a pair of shoes based on their ability to light up.

If they are prepared to take a hit on their profits, I'd rather get a pair for less with a small fault than have to wait (seems weeks these days) for then to source a new pair. I doubt we would get anywhere near this level of attention from any other sellers.

I remember my 2nd pair of V2s from Ms Chen had LEDs out in the bubble and all I got was sorry, and $5 off the third pair I bought. So these guys are looking after us is what I am saying.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back