Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

We joked about V2.5. Where did V2.7 and V2.8 actually come from? Has there really been 8 revisions of these shoes?
airair, a while ago you made a chart showing all the version of the MAG from screen used 1989 through to 2011 RD and 2012 V2. Any chance you can add V3 to that please. I'd like to add it to the V3 thread.

Can't believe my straps broke again. Just re-glued the velcro on yet again. This will be the 3rd time now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, my bad, I thought the V2's with the V3 upper cloth were V2.5. Since the EL strap and clearer sole made these ones closer to V3's, I just tagged them as V 2.7 and 2.8 as they were very slightly different versions to each other.
I've seen that Q and G version, around the same time the V3's came out. As you might expect, dropped the funds I'd allocated to those towards V3's instead and don't regret it. :)
So weird your straps keep breaking. Try a 2-part glue like an epoxy to hold them on?

So weird your straps keep breaking. Try a 2-part glue like an epoxy to hold them on?

I use the Tarzan's Grip because -
A it is gel and does not make the loop side stiff and
B is allows the tack method which seems to hold.

Even though it is the third time, looking at the shoes and I don't think it is the same part, so that means I will have one more fail on the 4th part :)

I had one piece start to come off a few weeks ago, (maybe longer) the join between the hook and the loop. But after Tarzan's Grip was applied, nothing else has been a problem.
Just checked both my pairs of V3's, the only yellowing I see is on the clear sole (mostly the wear pair, where they touch the ground) and just the edging of the elastic 'laces' (but only on my wear pair)

For the v2.8
I would hold on buying these til seller sends pics of actual shoes and not google pics. Sometimes they use random pics. As far as for the 100 dollar one, that is a better decision.

For the v2.8
I would hold on buying these til seller sends pics of actual shoes and not google pics. Sometimes they use random pics. As far as for the 100 dollar one, that is a better decision.
They sent me a bunch of pictures where they haven't photoshopped out the brand stuff. as well as showing the electrical connector at the back.
The tongue looks like vinyl instead of cloth, and taller than the V2's. The 'wings' or finger pulls (although I don't think anyone uses them for that' are much more solid than the V2's, and more like the V3's. I see there is definitely 2 pairs (at least) of shoes in all these pics, as the weave of the cloth is different in one set than another, but the design is the same.
I've just placed my order. Fingers crossed they look the same as the pics with the 'right' looking weave.
other_2040995573_00.jpgother_2040995626_00.jpgother_2040995599_00.jpgother_2040995560_00.jpgother_2040995565_00.jpg

Attachments

• other_2040995793_00.jpg
    other_2040995793_00.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 91
  • other_2040995777_00.jpg
    other_2040995777_00.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 85
  • other_2040995731_00.jpg
    other_2040995731_00.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 96
  • other_2040995658_00.jpg
    other_2040995658_00.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 96
  • other_2040995640_00.jpg
    other_2040995640_00.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 93
They sent me a bunch of pictures where they haven't photoshopped out the brand stuff. as well as showing the electrical connector at the back.
The tongue looks like vinyl instead of cloth, and taller than the V2's. The 'wings' or finger pulls (although I don't think anyone uses them for that' are much more solid than the V2's, and more like the V3's. I see there is definitely 2 pairs (at least) of shoes in all these pics, as the weave of the cloth is different in one set than another, but the design is the same.
I've just placed my order. Fingers crossed they look the same as the pics with the 'right' looking weave.
View attachment 723694View attachment 723696View attachment 723695View attachment 723692View attachment 723693

you know, if they had put this out instead of the original V2, we would have been much happier im sure. Sure, the lack of outrigger sole, but the uppers look better than any previous V2. The back white strap holder is a tad low though and the inner seam stitch line still in wrong place, but everything else looks much better. Shame they didn't put this out earlier.

and don't forget the boot toe. But that and the outrigger are fixable, maaaaybe the strap holder if it will come unglued, the biggest fault is the HUGE swoosh. The other staff where I work keep asking me to wear my BTTF shoes to work one day but I'm hesitant to do that as I often have to go out to the factory to repair computers out there and I don't want to wreck my V3's stepping in car oil or something. Maybe these would do.

Here is the double USB charger I had mentioned a while back.

Also whilst in Target looking for boots for my kids, I found these and can't help to think how close the front end is to a MAG.
f7a12d11662770b5398615a6013a3459.jpg
de229783362fcdb8a7c7a6588d675f20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I ordered the V 2.7's as they were only about $100 US. Even if I do have to repaint the midsole, still gotta be better than HC. Look at that clear sole! (If I'm repainting the sole I might as well put an outrigger piece of clear plastic in there too)
Maybe next pay, the V2.8's.

Where did you find the $100 shoes?

Did you receive them and how are they?

Where did you find the $100 shoes?
Did you receive them and how are they?

The link has been deleted. (DHGate) They're scheduled to arrive on the 20th, and I will upload pictures if and when they do.
(free shipping is usually slow shipping)
I've contacted the seller for you asking if they are still stocking the shoes and if so to send the new link.

The link has been deleted. (DHGate) They're scheduled to arrive on the 20th, and I will upload pictures if and when they do.
(free shipping is usually slow shipping)
I've contacted the seller for you asking if they are still stocking the shoes and if so to send the new link.

Yeah links going up and down that's pretty common there. I'm only fine with it because Dhgate plays middle-man so there is no risk of losing money. Thanks for asking the seller.

I really need a new pair for conventions. My HC lights are completely shot, the soles are on their way to a real good yellowing, and they are getting worn. I just do not see any point in putting in the time when there's so many new options out there with things like light-up straps and toe-slim already done.

@Thearkplayer
Where did you get your v2.7?

In regards to ReAlign, it REALLY likes the V3's, but produces an interesting effect on some other materials.
I encountered this before with my V2's but didn't take photos.
I tested this morning on the 'sport' version of the MAG, the Halloween Costumes version, and a cheap Kmart shoe all at the same time.
The 'powdery' effect can be removed by gently scrubbing at the shoe with a dry toenail scrubber or similar bristled item, and the water still beads off after removing the excess powdery material. So if anyone wants to use it on your V2's or HC's, this is what happens until you rub off the excess somehow. But it's easy enough to remove so don't stress. Interestingly, all it does for V3's is make the material a bit darker until it dries properly. The material must be significantly different in construction to cause this difference in effect. But then, the V2's, HC's and V3's all do feel different to touch (for those of you that don't have multiple versions to compare).
I sprayed the ReAlign on my updated V3's for this test.
When I receive the other versions of V2's which are trying to get close to looking like V3's (i called them V2.7 and V2.8) I'll test those too.

Update: the powdery residue rubbed off the 'sport' version just by me rubbing my hands over the material.

IMG_4204.JPGIMG_4206.JPGIMG_4207.JPGIMG_4208.JPGIMG_4213.JPGIMG_4214.JPGIMG_4217.JPGIMG_4218.JPG

Last edited:
yep, same can did both the V2's and V3s, different result. Oh well at least it's not really a problem, just looks bad when it first dries. Then when you brush/tap at it it behaves more like a powder, and just comes off.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back