Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Powerlaces is a long deep conversation about mechanics, and limitations, and overcoming problems. Everything you have seen done so far is because all the people stopped at reality and at the limitations they thought existed in front of them. I hit these same limitations. And that's where I am different and going to try to stand out. I saw past the limitations. My reality was different. God gave me the way. Stay tuned. @cavx

- - - Updated - - -

Easy as in I could make a "processorless" system in 5 min of soltering easy @cavx

Practically anything will be better than Nike's slow system.
I could tie my shoelaces faster than it tightens!

Are you going to add sensors in there?

Huh, so "David" has been pretty inactive around here as of late. Me thinks he came on here just to promote the shoes, but didn't realize just how in-depth and hard core we all were about them.

So, has anyone ordered from airmagman or streetveterancustoms?

Huh, so "David" has been pretty inactive around here as of late. Me thinks he came on here just to promote the shoes, but didn't realize just how in-depth and hard core we all were about them.

So, has anyone ordered from airmagman or streetveterancustoms?
I noticed the same nor has he responded to me on Skype. I just ordered some parts from airmagman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looking at these photos of the power lace raffle shoes...I think I actually like the look of the 2011 more. These look like the exact V3 fabric and toe though. I guess the fact that these come with a display stand...is Nike's way of saying they aren't meant to wear lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Mag-/192013430740?hash=item2cb4e46fd4:g:v5gAAOSwal5YE1AN

Oh dear god! Why are the toe boxes so nasty? If someone here buys them, get them ripped open to do the toe slim asap.

airair Nike did a great job man. They did what the supposed to do. They came up with sensor idea to get around computing limitations and made a base for all future models that can be built on. "Slow and steady" is reality for power laces. It's just a good thing we aren't living in reality in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am looking to get he V3 now that they are on sale. Has anyone came across any issues with them so far? I own 2 pairs of the halloween ones and at least 1 shoe from each pair already have lights issues. I just want to make sure they done have any known issues before dumping $500

Guys, is there somebody who sells the V3 with some modifications ?
I mean, somebody who fixed the el panel, reduced the blur of the ankle bubble, etc ... ?

So I am looking to get he V3 now that they are on sale. Has anyone came across any issues with them so far? I own 2 pairs of the halloween ones and at least 1 shoe from each pair already have lights issues. I just want to make sure they done have any known issues before dumping $500

I think a few people have had some sort of issues with theirs, myself included. I have had a charging port go out on one pair...and EL panel go out on another. I probably only wore them about 48 hours total time. Right now it really just seems to be hit or miss. If yours break David has been good about sending another pair out though, he charges an extra $120 for that.

Guys, is there somebody who sells the V3 with some modifications ?
I mean, somebody who fixed the el panel, reduced the blur of the ankle bubble, etc ... ?

I was able to make the ankle bubble more clear by putting a clear paint from a spray can onto it, the instructions are earlier in this thread. I believe someone else did it as well, I think they tried it before me. It's a very easy fix. Just be careful how you do it, and test on something else first. :) As for 'fixing' the EL panel, well, mine haven't broken yet - that might be luck, or it might be the 'footcare ultra sport' insoles I replaced the original insoles with (though I can't prove that) but swapping the insoles is even easier than the ankle bubble repaint. The original's are not glued down in the V3's
insole.jpg

So I know everyone scared to wear v3 cause of el panels. So here. Not glued or anything but here are the fake panels I designed so they will never break. They are brighter than the els and can see in daytime nicely. New electronics most likely is needed but when I have time I will think of a way to wire into your system for minimal cuts. But hey here you go. Perfect color in person and looks great.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back