Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

So I've been talking with the lady from gogoyeezy, she says the power laced version will be available on their site later today for about $1,500 USD. Hopefully its legit.

While it would be interesting to see, I'm calling BS on that one. Even if they did reveal them, with the huge number of electronics failures with the 'lights only' version, there'd be not a chance in hell that they could make a robust & durable power-lace system anytime soon.

Even Tiffany Beers is saying that the authentics shouldn't be really worn, so it doesn't hold any hope for a knock-off. Especially considering that the electronics in the RDs appear to actually hold up better than in the v3.

While it would be interesting to see, I'm calling BS on that one. Even if they did reveal them, with the huge number of electronics failures with the 'lights only' version, there'd be not a chance in hell that they could make a robust & durable power-lace system anytime soon.

Even Tiffany Beers is saying that the authentics shouldn't be really worn, so it doesn't hold any hope for a knock-off. Especially considering that the electronics in the RDs appear to actually hold up better than in the v3.

Well we should see soon enough what exact method they've used.
Apparently they've copied the hyperdapts too.

If thats true, then if they are copying actual parts, then you might see a close enough replica but with obvious flaws.

And yes $1500 for a knockoff auto lace, well the world truly has gone nuts.

This video sums everything up succinctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! Pity you didn't get a photo @Kevzie
I'm not game to wear my V3's to work as I often have to go out to the factory floor to repair things.
I'm having a good run with my V3's - could be luck or maybe it really is that special insole, as my first pair of V2's used it and the lights lasted a lot longer than other stories I heard. I wore the V3's all day yesterday walking around and they still turn on perfectly fine.
Had a good laugh when I was at Foot Locker asking for laces, the guy asked 'are they for the shoes you're wearing?'
(admittedly he was on the other side of the counter so he couldn't see)
then when he came around and said "nope" he thought they were the real ones. We agreed that $500 (US) is enough to spend on shoes that you'll actually wear. :D
Then some random customer wanted to take photos.

Yeah, I work in an office so I was ok with wearing them on carpet. Guess I just got more brave the more I wore them (and also maybe a little tired of taking them off and swapping shoes everytime I went for a smoke.
cavx someone at my work did ask if they auto lace but they didn't even know about the 2016 release so think they were just quoting from the movie shoes.

Battery died just as I left work luckily.

Realised when I got home I couldn't charge them - it's a 2 pin plug!
Been to Argos and got an adaptor and are now on charge. Lights still look intact [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen the knockoffs. https://instagram.com/p/BMJmntcgnM_/ powerlace. If you want a powerlace that will never fail it's all about the set up. I know a way that WILL NEVER fail. But you sacrifice 2 things.

Yeah, I saw that too. Jedifyfe posted it on the previous page I think. I can't see any site releasing them on their site as yet which was previously mentioned, especially in their obviously unfinished state. I know you're working on a system, will be great to see your take on it.

Thought I'd post some pics I took of my V3s the other day:
d42e0016043091ec64a72f747cd69941.jpg

Some slight damage to the box but overall in good condition
d85d14f1ee83081ed777f6e539d22059.jpg

6184ad9d069f7d619f6629744ec7c127.jpg

A little annoyed with this part though
fd3fe5ecb8e79e42b5b7c6bc67e3f2f6.jpg

And the paint job isn't great on the heel lettering. Anyone suggest what product I could use to paint them up a little?
02713395ccc1b0bab723fd25fdaf03e3.jpg
05d2cce5906c91f474815d83c7f54b26.jpg

Had this mark on the elastic already (again, any ideas how I can either remove or cover this up?)
9a1ef4afd70dc80e9a02d307b56f0a9c.jpg

1a85b05275c4fcea8d87580736796dab.jpg
9a25eb30f79ef01e1205bb7af1c2b31e.jpg

Currently on charge, how long from dead should i charge them for?

Thanks in advance [emoji1303]

$1500 for auto lacing?! [emoji50]When non lacing V3s are only $500-600? Even if that listing is legit, that's WAY overpriced.

I was going to buy some V2.1s today but was extremely saddened to see that they had sold out and the extreme sale on them had ended ($171 instead of $230). However, the V2s are still in stock for $163...i was just wondering how much worse the V2s are than the V2.1s? Is it still worth it to get them for display? Thanks!

since no one is going to try and purchase them we'll just have to imagine how quickly they break
Well with only one site offering them and no confirmation from David, we aren't going to be jumping on these just yet. Once David's site offers them with pictures and videos, then we will bite.

I was going to buy some V2.1s today but was extremely saddened to see that they had sold out and the extreme sale on them had ended ($171 instead of $230). However, the V2s are still in stock for $163...i was just wondering how much worse the V2s are than the V2.1s? Is it still worth it to get them for display? Thanks!

Where you find V2.1?

Also,
The difference between V2 and V2.1

The V2 cloth is a fairly smooth fabric. And the toe has a slight boot shape.

The V2.1 cloth has a slight ribbed texture. And the toe slopes right into the toe-box.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back