Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Icy sole on real is biggest difference In person. It makes the grey splatter sole and rest of shoe look different. cavx

Last edited by a moderator:
Icy sole on real is biggest difference In person. It makes the grey splatter sole and rest of shoe look different. @cavx

That was the thing. In the photos you could not tell if the soles had a blue tint. A camera white balance issue maybe? I doubt that 2011 soles had yellowed that bad. They just looked clear, not blue. Even the EL didn't look that bright which is another point to look for.

That was the thing. In the photos you could not tell if the soles had a blue tint. A camera white balance issue maybe? I doubt that 2011 soles had yellowed that bad. They just looked clear, not blue. Even the EL didn't look that bright which is another point to look for.

I've actually found the V3 not to hard to spot, but only when given enough images to view.

As long as you can see a picture of the side or back, these are the main flaws, and they are only noticeable if you've stared at the shoes for god knows how many years :0

1) White puffy collar is slightly bigger than the 2011
2.) The White ankle piece strap holder is ever so slightly less rounded in the middle (view the side profile). There is definitely a slight difference.
3.) The fabric sheen/weave is different as people already pointed out.
4.) Toebox is another giveaway given you can see images from various sides, as the V3 don't have the exact sloping due to a I assume a shoe last which has a bigger toecap in it. On feet its hardly noticeable and on pictures if you take from certain angles, its impossible to tell.
5.) Lack of tinted clear soles in blue. Again, even this bit can be tricky to confirm in pictures due to lighting and what have you not.
6.) On the V3, some straps where the Nike Logo is, the strap isn't fully glued down at the side of each logo.

Given that some people couldn't even tell the difference between a bog standard V2 and a 2011 shoe, i'd be amazed if any lay person manages to tell these differences between the V3 and 2011 as they are virtually identical aside those minor details.

The difference in quality between V2 and V3 is astonishing.

Last edited:
Anyone seen these? Newest addition to ever growing lost of Mag merch.

​​
Rg6Bw7U.jpg

Rock'em used to have a bunch of other BTTF socks....
attachment.php

The third one
attachment.php

The little arrow at the top is glow-in-the-dark.
Ah, well since I saw these ones on Taobao, I'm going to guess they may not be Rock'em originals.

Pretty cool collection of socks they put together. Never seen them before.

The v3 also seems to lean back. The 2011 is pretty much upright.
The v2 leans forward.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah it was done a few months back. That is when I made a list of at least things I noticed to be different. Don't get me wrong, the V3s are amazing. Are they perfect? No, but then again for the price, one should not expect perfection.

The interesting part is, if images of these are displayed next to 2011 shoes, then I can spot the faults easy. On their own, not so easy. Apart from the fabric (and that is really picture dependent), there are small differences in the profile of the sole, the cuff ears are more rounded and of course the tongue is longer. If you don't know what you are looking for, very easy to miss and why certain individuals have been able to list these on eBay as genuine.

In fact I found a listing for a pair of 2011s the other day, and I almost reported them as fakes. The only thing I could find that proved they were real was the seam on the base of the sole around the oval part that the 2016 REP does not have. The way the shots were taken made them look like V3s. Or to point, that from the angles the images were taken, the V3s are just that damn good, they look real.

Can someon repost the pic? I just want to see them next to one another.

Anyone seen these? Newest addition to ever growing lost of Mag merch.

​​http://i.imgur.com/Rg6Bw7U.jpg
What is the thing up left ?

To spot the V3 vs RD, I just look at the shape of the toebox. Then, if i need other clues, I look after the strap wire and xhite buckle. Thses 2 things are enought to determine if they are V3. But cavx spoted the same great clue : the way they lean back (but I'm not sure they were made like this on the first batch)

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the thing up left ?

To spot the V3 vs RD, I just look at the shape of the toebox. Then, if i need other clues, I look after the strap wire and xhite buckle. Thses 2 things are enought to determine if they are V3. But @cavx spoted the same great clue : the way they lean back (but I'm not sure they were made like this on the first batch)

The fabric is the giveaway for me. That thin pin-stripe texture that is woven into the V3 cloth.

How many RPF members in here have bought the V3's from David @ the Sneakerahead website ?

I've bought 2 pairs, one on first release not long after @Jedifyfe got his, and another pair a few weeks after, when they came down $100. I can vouch for the reliability of those sellers. They communicated well with QC pics and everything. I'm actually putting money away for a third pair from them :) (Though that might take a while longer, damn bills)
The first pair took ages to get to me because of troubles with the shipping company, but the second pair arrived super fast.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back