All metal "Real Ghostbusters" Proton Gun -new guns post#20

Andymac84

Sr Member
Inspired since my childhood...now I've realised my Real Ghostbusters Proton wand thrower as seen in the 80's TV-series. The goal was to create the overall familiar look from the movie, combined with the TVseries, plus the thought in mind "how could this have been looked in the real world?". Mine was built from scratch by my own using a lot of real world items, everythings made out of metal here, real cables and wires, buttons, switches, and so on. Most of it was saved from being recycled at some junkyard. I had no idea how this would be turning out. Here's the result:

Last edited:
Re: All metal "Real Ghostbusters" Proton Gun

Just a few notes:
-The yellow safety thing was a dedication to the yellow life guards as used in the movies
-a few parts were leftovers from my already posted all metal Proton gun from GB1 (back handle/connector/buttons/hatlights)
-the side decals were made from scratch by me
-the yellow end-tube close before the guntip is a recycled flashlight tube
-the gun-box is made of a emergency-shutdown box

Oh my god that is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the "Real Ghostbusters" cartoon and have the entire collection of DVDs. That really is SWEET! Quick question, does it have the pop open top where you can hit the self destruct button?

Thanks for your kind words. :) Saved my day :)

No, no self destruction button..:) too much time went into this. I even don't remember that episode. Overseas we only have season 1 out on dvd..probably the only one they'll release...That's a shame. I look the episodes on utube.

There's a few episodes where they have a flip up panel on the top of the gun, under the red power switch, that activates a count down timer. No worries, it's an awesome replica without it!

Really nice work, the labels you added really add that something extra!

This is excellent.

Love how you made it look real world as opposed to a lot of "Real GB" stuff that looks like life-size toys.

Very cool! I remember that's all I wanted as a kid was a proton pack.

Thank you very much. This means a lot to me.:thumbsup
Especially it was my goal that it doesn't look like a real life toy as some of the replicas does.

I got holidays the following two weeks and have planed to do two more RGB Proton Guns, all metal, real cables, switches, etc.
So stay tuned for my progress:thumbsup

Teaser: One Gun Box nearly finished: :cool
20130401171250.jpg

Thanks. :)
I would love to do the trap, too. But that's in the hands of the junkyards I'm lurking around;)

Thank you guys for every comment. This keeps me up. Here are a few progressing pictures. Both are coming along very nicely. Both are very heavy and definately not a toy at all. I have gathered a lots of electric stuff like wires, cables, buttons.... so both of them will be built up different from this point. Each will be different in its own way.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back