Star Trek Into Darkness costume discussion

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
While it looks like the uniform shirts are thankfully being reprised in the sequel (I was afraid of a total re-working of the starfleet uniforms) I am curious to know what type of footwear our heroes will be wearing.

I would think that since the DKNY and Puma boots used in the 2009 film are long out of production, the movie studio would either have had to custom make replicas OR find a suitable replacement style of boot that hopefully is still avialable on the market.

Any info or ideas on this?

I, too, would be rather interested in such information. I'm trying to put together my first Trek costume for the premiere.

I was directed to a footwear option that, after just a little modding, will be great look-alikes for the Trek XI boots.
I already purchased a pair, hopefully these work out nicely.

I was directed to a footwear option that, after just a little modding, will be great look-alikes for the Trek XI boots.
I already purchased a pair, hopefully these work out nicely.

So are you going to be sharing that information? :lol I would find that useful for my husband's future costume. I already have an Anovos dress but I never did find the correct pair of boots for myself. At least he might have a chance at something decent.

So are you going to be sharing that information? :lol I would find that useful for my husband's future costume. I already have an Anovos dress but I never did find the correct pair of boots for myself. At least he might have a chance at something decent.

DKNY Alcantar were modified to resemble the Rebels and were used by the extras. The principals used the Rebels retained from the previous films.

Got my boots today. I removed the lower buckle strap.
I think they look pretty good.
20130123_102645.jpg

That's the thing, no boot out there looks like the DKNY Rebel. These were close enough to give the overall look.
I will have to get better pics, they look shorter in that pic due to the angle.

Me and a few others are planning a group cosplay and it was necessary to find a readily available boot option that had a similar look and was also in a price range at or below $100.
The Harley 'Bryson' boots really work for this.
I'd be lucky enough to find a single pair of DKNY Rebel, let alone in my size, to say nothing of finding several more pairs for my group in their size.
With this, we can all have matching footwear which will give an overall more authentic presentation as a group, regardless of the fine details of the boots not being exact to the Rebels.

Thought I'd give this thread a "bump." Just finished my pants to go with my ANOVOS Kirk tunic:

PANTS2.jpgPANTS3.jpg

Now I, too, am on the hunt for some BOOTS.

I've been working on a cadet uniform, off and on, since the 2009 reboot. I'll be curious to see how the dressier uniforms change in the course of this movie.

I did a bit of googling on the boots and came across some info from the 1701st costuming group. Appears that the extras were either given DKNY Alcantars or a Clark's Muckers base, altered to resemble the now "out of print" Rebel. You can find that info here.

Have fun, guys!

Edit: ...and I found the Rider Tec Men's Biker Boot on Overstock. Even has a bit of a sweep over the top, like the Rebel did, but will have to have the spare ankle strap/buckle removed.

Last edited:
Boots fit standard as far as I can tell.
We are also wearing the new ANOVOS hero tunics and undershirts. My friend on the far left is wearing the Roddenberry.com shirt and my girlfriend is wearing the first-run ANOVOS dress.
The mens boots are slightly modified Harley "Bryson" boots. They are a suitable stand-in until we can get proper reproductions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back