Wreck it Ralph Costumes

BulmasApples

Trying to make some Wreck it Ralph costumes and can't find anything anywhere. I've tried all second-hand shops, eBay, Etsy, Amazon, and every retailer and their online stores possible. Having a really hard time with Ralph's henley shirt and brown overalls, and Vanellope's double-layered brown skirt (like a Reese cup wrapper) and her mismatched striped tights. Has anyone seen anything or have any ideas on how to modify some items? Running out of time and need any advice. Thanks!!

wreck-it-ralph-ralph.jpg

Vanellopewirdisney.png

It isn't plaid, but Kohl's had a couple orange henleys when I was there today. They are probably a little too dark to be "screen" accurate, but they might be nice in a pinch or for a more realistic take on the characters.

Croft and Barrow Solid Interlock Henley

SONOMA life + style Thermal Henley

I also noticed this, or a shirt very much like it.

SONOMA life + style Plaid Military Casual Button-Down Shirt

For V's tights, Target usually has all sorts of colored tights on sale for $5 a pair or something like that. You could get those and paint on top. Or you could look for spandex/lycra in similar striped patterns and make leggings that way.

For the skirt, love how you mention a peanut butter cup, I didn't notice that during the movie! I would say go with something pleated.

Like this, which the internets is calling knife-pleats.
Aqua Girls' Color Block Pleated Skirt - Sizes S-XL | Bloomingdale's

or more kilt-like
French Toast Plaid Pleated Skirt - Celebrities who wear, use, or own French Toast Plaid Pleated Skirt / Coolspotters

And here's a skirt that is more accordion folded (no idea if that is the technical term). Maybe someone here knows what kind of fabric/technique you would need to get fabric to stay in that shape.
Vintage White Lampshade Skirt by graybirdvintage on Etsy

Please post your progress if you decide to do a build on this!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back