Rivets for leatherwork that look like normal pop rivets?

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This might sound like a stupid question, but what are they called? They look like pop rivets, i.e. round, slightly beveled and have a hole in the center, but are used on leather and attached with a die tool.

Need some to attach the saber hooks to a Luke Skywalker ANH belt.

I'm not sure what they're called, but there's a place here in LA that sells them, and the die stamps alone, not including the press, are $200 a set.

Thanks but not grommets. Grommets don't look anything like pop rivets either ;)

rivets640.jpg

Grommets.

The one on the bottom is an eyelet, and they pop right out of the leather. I've never had a permanently successfully set eyelet.

Tandy doesn't sell the correct style of rivet, all of theirs are either single or double cap. The single cap rivets do have a hole on the back side, but it's completely flat. That's the side that's not supposed to show.

Sometime around Xmas I'll be heading up north through LA, I'll stop into the shop and see if they have any rivets with holes that set conventionally. It's a very slim chance, but I'll have a look.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back