Firefly - Mal Reynolds

Originally posted by Guardian Devil@Dec 13 2005, 10:35 AM
Those cavalry boots look like they could be really good too. Contacted the seller about brown ones before I bought mine, but was told they're only available in black, so they'd have to be recoloured.
I bought mine from seller: 'smokespoon72' on eBay. He sells them for about $200 a pair, but occasionally puts them up with a low start and they rarely go over $40. which is when I bought mine.
[snapback]1134934[/snapback]​

Help a noob out -- what would you use to recolor them? :confused

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Dec 13 2005, 08:57 PM
Nu-Life is very good. It is what was used to color my Green Lantern Boots green.
[snapback]1135095[/snapback]​

Yes I agree, Nu-Life is what I'd go with had I chosen those boots. It's what I used to recolour my Daredevil Boots red.

Thanks for the links. Glad to see people helping out.
The first holster is close. Neither of the belts would work. The belt in the show has holes at the top and at the bottom of the belt.

OK, I caved in and got the boots. For just over $40, I can't complain. Now I just have to go from this:

new_boots.jpg

to this:

mals_boots.jpg

Yea i have a few pairs of those boots, use them for everything from Green Lantern to Ichabod Crane.

For the Mal boots I am gonna get Brown leather slip on shoes and make brown leather spats and put them on as that is what they appear to be on the show.

I don't know if this is obvious but it looks to me that the shoe itself is an oxford style.

Or maybe I'm crazy. :wacko

The base style looks like it comes from some kind of casual boot. There's a raised area on the arch area of the sole that looks like they built over it.

detail_mals_boot.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back