Firefly - Mal Reynolds

Here's the detail on the pant stripe.

pant-stripe.jpg

Well I spent two hours at Chicago's largest textile wharehouse yesterday. No luck finding an exact match. However I did find a fabric that was similar in design. What I'll have to do is make a stripe out of it and sew it to the pants. I think it will turn out ok.

Have you tried any of the online stores that sell police uniforms? Since most sheriff's uniforms (especially in the western states) are khaki and brown, I'm sure they should have brown pants stripes.

I'm really close to completing this now. Took these a couple days ago. I'll take some pictures with the stripe down the side as soon as they get back from the place they're being attached. Can't wait :)

mal90.jpg

3 things left on my checklist for this costume and it'll be complete and ready for the convention I'm planning on taking it to. Looks like if all goes according to plan it'll be finished just in time.

Just waiting on my Brown coat arriving which I'm told is very near completion, just a few things to tidy up on it then it'll get shipped out to me very soon.
Still need the holster to attach to the belt that arrived a couple of days back.
and lastly the stripes down the sides of the pants, which are probably being done as I type.

Originally posted by Angelus@Jan 19 2006, 02:27 AM
Looking amazing. But come on, roll those sleeves up ;)
Thank you, I'm really pleased with it at this point. As for the sleeves.. I would and I've been desperate to do so, but unfortunately my mannequin doesnt have arms, just little bendy sticks that connect the shoulders to the hands :lol

And I promise, I haven't forgot about the holster :lol
[snapback]1162532[/snapback]​

:D Thank you. I've no doubt it'll be a thing of beauty

is the space city browncoat the correct length? they make these to fit is says, so, i presume the change the length to fit your height?

Hey guys, I found a good source for Firefly style belts. East German Leather belt. It's two inches wide and the buckle is the correct shape and size IMO. The only problem is that the buckle is not brass. That could be fixed by having it plated. Depending on your waist size the belt might be long enough for you as well.

I ordered mine on Wednesday and received it on Saturday. I can post pic's later if you need them.

The straps I got from that Aussie place are exactly as your suspenders without the "H" section behind on the back. All I'd need to do is add the connecting section. Sweet.

Originally posted by defyitall@Feb 2 2006, 02:16 PM
The straps I got from that Aussie place are exactly as your suspenders without the "H" section behind on the back.  All I'd need to do is add the connecting section.  Sweet.
[snapback]1174486[/snapback]​

If you want I can supply you with dimentions.

The problem with the Sam Brown buckles the that they are two thick and don't function like a normal buckle. I was thinking on ordering two of the BE0102 buckles from here and taking the pin off of one and putting on the other one to make it a two pin.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back