Firefly - Mal Reynolds

I wish I could remember what forum I saw it in but someone actually found an exact pair of those on Ebay I think. May have been the BC forum.

No, I think because I ordered them right before the Holidays I may have to wait a while. Also, the store is in Australia so shipping will probably be longer than I would usually expect for such a small item.

I'll put up pics when I get them.

EDIT: got the straps today and they are just that: straps. They look the part but dont connect in the back like the ones SWFreak got. Don't bother getting the ones I got unless you just want them for material.

Originally posted by Angelus@Dec 21 2005, 11:41 PM
Here's the pair I'm patterning mine off of

1004759copy4ng.jpg

Not the WWII suspenders they used for the TV show, but they're constructed exactly the same(minus the modifications they made, obviously). Even has the right hardware.
[snapback]1141267[/snapback]​

Mine came in today, they look exactly like yours.

Pic's to come later.

Just ordered about four yards of 2" heavy duty tan canvas and another four of 1" heavy duty tan canvas (which the propreitor of the local Army-Navy store said was commonly used on suspenders in the WWII era). I've got clips like on his suspenders, am ordering the leather ends and have a reasonably good pattern. I'll keep you posted on how it comes out.

Just bought the belt for my costume. Should be arriving in a few days time and also just ordered the rolled leather suspender ends (Thanks for the link Mage :thumbsup)
Hopefully be ordering a pair of the right style suspenders in the morning aswell.
It's like christmas all over again :D

GD - Where did you order the belt from?

For those of you that are in need of shirts, check you local second hand/Salvation Army/Goodwil stores. I just went an had a hard time picking just one shirt..so I got two for $2.00 each.

I also found some tan suspenders for $2.00 I'll be using the parts to modify my suspendenders.

Anyone had any luck finding something to use for the pant leg stripe?

For the pant leg stripe, just go to your local fabric store/warehouse. they'll have plenty of rolls of the 1" thick chocolate brown stripe for the legs of the pants. I got 5 metres of exactly what I wanted for £2.00 (about $3.75)

As for the belt. Its easily found once you know what you're looking for. There's plenty out there with very slight variations, so just pay close attention to the fine details and shop around a little. Give 'Luger Belt' and 'German Belt' a quick search on eBay.
They're also available in both black and dark brown. Mals is obviously the dark brown one and it can be seen in a few episodes and a lot of the publicity shots that the colour of the belt and the holster didnt match in the series, so there's no call to worry too much about changing the colour to match your holster or vice versa

SWFreak Pm on the way.

Originally posted by SWFreak@Jan 12 2006, 06:41 PM
GD - Where did you order the belt from?

For those of you that are in need of shirts, check you local second hand/Salvation Army/Goodwil stores. I just went an had a hard time picking just one shirt..so I got two for $2.00 each.

I also found some tan suspenders for $2.00 I'll be using the parts to modify my suspendenders.

Anyone had any luck finding something to use for the pant leg stripe?
[snapback]1157158[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Guardian Devil@Jan 12 2006, 01:51 PM
For the pant leg stripe, just go to your local fabric store/warehouse. they'll have plenty of rolls of the 1" thick chocolate brown stripe for the legs of the pants. I got 5 metres of exactly what I wanted for £2.00 (about $3.75)
[snapback]1157215[/snapback]​

Tried that...havent found anything. I guess it's time to hit the textile district in the city.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back