Halo 4 Master Chief Advice Needed

Minime1034

Hi everyone,

I am currently busy with a Mal Reynolds Firefly costume, but once I get some more funds together I am thinking of making a Master Chief outfit.

I do have a few questions though, as my build will need to be able to withstand a bit of a battering. I am planning to make a costume that can survive airsoft skirmishing (BB guns).

Firstly, I need to know a good way to comfortably and securely wear it. So far I think seperating each piece into two sections, padding them, and using a relatively tight elastic strap. On the undersuit, I will be adding padding to the areas not covered by the suit itself, with the added benefit that this should help stop any movement by the straps.

Secondly, what sort of strength does the polyurethane/fibreglass mix have? Can it withstand a bit of beating, or will BBs penetrate? If it helps, the max force the BBs will hit me with is about 2.5 Joules, although I will need it to withstand potentially hitting off walls etc as I'm trying to avoid being shot :lol

Lastly, what should I use for the undersuit?

Thanks.

I know it will restrict movement somewhat, I don't mind that too much as I'll use it more for the small arena games (I would really stuggle with full-site games).

I was just trying to figure out if it would be possible, I'll be making it anyway and just using it for fancy-dress etc if it isn't.

Don't do it man, even with using resin and fiberglas some BBs are just going to punch through and ruin your suit. Plus, the paintjob will come off as you hit walls and other things.

Yeah people have had this idea a few times over on the 405th.com. Conclusion they all came to? Not possible.
No material used will protect you suitably from bb's. Fibre glass is brittle and will crack or worse shatter.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back