Custom Imperial Walker Build (AT-AC)

Okay here we go! Been working on some projects these days and here is one of many, small pre-production props I am building for a bucket-list film project. This build along with all other props associated with my project won’t necessarily adhere to canon specs, rather on refinement to achieve a familiar feel with unique design twists. The 3 films in the project are all shorts, and are set roughly 2 years after Order 66 (Revenge of the Sith). The approach with this particular build has been "less is more", with the main focus on the automated feet and the walkers drive system. The Command Module will also be subtlety altered and modified. This walker doesn't carry troops, rather is an entire in battle Command Center, with a closed-circuit and real time feed to the Emperor directly. I call this walker a 'AT-AC’ for: All Terrain-Armored Command.

As I post images I will narrate along too as it would be much easier to explain certain aspects as you view the images. I am not a pro at this so I looove constructive criticism and enjoy peoples' various opinions and input. This has been a fun project not only for the joy of the build, but to help me see my vision for this film project come alive :)

I would like to also mention that when I was doing research for this project, it was danakin72 that inspired me to pursue the Revell Easy-Kit for this custom walker project. The kit is so minimal in detail that it was a great platform to improve and refine. I was totally stoked and I am fully indebted to danakin72.
http://www.therpf.com/f11/revell-easy-kit-wip-134678/

Let's get started!

First up here is shot of the walker foot. I knew I would want to cover the foot opening, and I looked at dozens of walker images to get the vibe. I came across an image I had of an AT-TE from Attack of the Clones and noticed that it's automated feet had smaller little toes spaced in between the bigger toes. I thought that would be a great carry-over design trait to integrate into this walkers feet. Here, you can see the redesigned foot pad right before I glued it into place.

AT-ACFootpad0001-1.jpg

AT-ACFootpad0002-1.jpg

AT-ACFootpad0004.jpg

AT-AC0003-1.jpg

AT-ACFootpad0005.jpg

AT-ACFootpad0006.jpg

Last edited:
I love seeing someone’s original design and I can wait to see what you have planned. So far what you have done looks very functional and the details are great.

Thanks folks! You know Amish no drawings just all in the head lol! I am however looking at all McQuarrie paintings and some of Joe Johnston's to look for some different details. I will have a few new photos up in the next few days :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back