My Spiderman (Raimi)

Nikonthenet

I received a couple of very positive PM's after posting a picture of my Spiderman thanking AZ Spidey for his Universal Face shell, to complete my suit. Some requests for more details and images...

So, I thought I'd share them here!

The details:
Spideyplanet kit.
'Janz' a Local seamstress(West Midlands, UK) did the sewing.
I completed the rest of the build.
I used red 'flossy' slippers for the shoes(ebay).
AZ Spidey Universal Face Shell.

spiderman-10cm.jpg

424918_10151622938683504_1555079004_n.jpg

399260_10151622938748504_9696902_n.jpg

Close up of the face. One area I aim to improve -the wrinkling around the eye frames. This shot is with face shell fitted.

30944_10151563813088504_562691520_n.jpg

No Face Shell in the above image as this was a test-fitting image.
This shows the brick pattern in fair detail on red and blue.

68828_10151622936883504_1635612382_n.jpg

You can see the shoes in this one. I got red slippers to help match them to the suit -these were the only shoes I could find with a red sole and suitable to fit in the suit. To attach them I turned the legs inside out, then glued the slipper on along the sole. Turning the leg the right way round by pulling the slipper through the leg means the glue is hidden.

401615_10151622937068504_1078382640_n.jpg

WOW, you look great man! Do you mind if I ask how durable the webbing is? I pose this question to everyone with a spidey planet suit but no one ever gives me any info :(

Beautiful costume great job and you wear it well :thumbsup

I too would love to know how the webs hold up, I have a Spidey4fun costume which is fantastic, the spiders are urethane on my suit and some of the back spider leg tips come unglue since the material stretches quite a bit, I can only imagine the stress on webs when putting and removing the costume, my suit is very tight fitting so not sure how the webs or glue would hold up, thats the main reason I'm holding off getting a urethane web suit.

Gerardo

Last edited:
Hey all, thanks for the positive comments!

I can honestly say, I've been surprised by just how durable the webbing is. I had had on one occasion to glue the legs of the spider back on, but I think they came off because they were glued onto painted web, and they stripped the paint.

The web however, I have not yet needed to reapply glue at all. It seems very strong. Couple of factors may contribute to this. 1. I am not physically a big frame, I am 5'7" and about 62kg. 2. I used PC 1473 glue. This glue is slightly flexible but very strong, it is black in colour though so you have to be very careful. 3. The web was glued on using dots -obviously the material and web will stretch much more than the glue, dots allow it to do that.

None of that is to say I believe it will need no maintenance at all. I believe it will, but I don't see it being a lot. The legs on the spiders I would guess would be the weakest point.

Hope that helps :)

Hey Nik,

thanks for the info, the dot technique makes lot of sense, so your saying you had to paint the webs how is the paint holding did it crack?
I know it's hard to have paint adhere to rubber materials.
I assume they were molded in black and you painted only the top surface silver leaving the sides black correct, what about the back spider, you had to paint the edges black?

Gerardo

The paint is urethane, same as the web. It doesn't crack at all. Does take a long time to dry...internet suggests up to 90 days to fully cure! Its touch dry in a couple of minutes.

I've worn the suit after a couple of weeks and its quite durable. A little rubbed off the fingers while I put the suit on(due to having to use them to pull the rest of the suit on), but the rest of the suit is fine.

Yes, my webs are black and just the top surface painted. Looks good this way.

The spider on the rear is moulded in red. I used a black marker pen to colour the sides as you can see in the picture.

Awesome looking suit! I have an SP suit on order and am very much looking forward to getting it, especially after seeing these pics!

Sean

Thanks once again for the positive comments!

If you'd like to see more of my Spiderman and other costumes please check out: Spider-Trooper

Here's one from a recent photoshoot, theres more on the link above and many more on the way, this weekend!

1.jpg

I've had a few PM's asking about how I did this and that, also above is a 'Making of' photo album that may answer some of those Q's.

Thanks again,

Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back