My Spiderman (Raimi)

Thanks guys!

Got too many great shots to post 'em all here...

Spider-Trooper to see them all!

2sm.jpg

1sm.jpg

Great pics, man!!! I love the last shot of Spider-Man up on the guy's shoulders. Good stuff!

I was flipping through your FB pics, and I see you applied the webs by glueing them at spots as opposed to attaching the entire web. Could you elaborate on this a little more? I have an SP kit coming, and I will be needing to attach the webs so I am very interested in hearing how people have done this.

Sean

Thanks Sean, sure...

The web is very stretchy, as is the lycra, and it needs to stretch to fit you and when you move. The glue however, is not stretchy.

So if you imagine, gluing little dots about 3 to 4 mm apart will allow both to stretch together, between the dots of glue. If you were to glue the entire length of the web, it wouldn't stretch at all! Does that make sense?

I used a cocktail stick to apply the glue. I'd squeeze some glue into an old cup, then dip the stick into the glue and touch it onto the web first. That way, you get the right amount and reduce the risk of any mess getting where it shouldn't.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! And yes, it makes perfect sense!

It looks like your suit has gotten some use. Could you comment on how the webs are holding up?

Sean

Thanks DFanatic!

As for durability, so far so good. The suit has held up well with just a couple of joins in the web popping apart, and 2 legs coming separated. The web seems pretty strong generally.

The gloves were put through quite a bit of stress with me crawling over scenery and swinging on ropes for the photos and this only led to a small bit on one finger coming off. The only real maintenance so far is the paint rubbing off the web. This seems unavoidable as you use the hands to put the suit on and for most of the poses touching the floor. Its an easy fix, just repaint every now and then.

I'm also happy with the washing of the suit. I use mild warm soapy water, soak for 5 minutes, then rinse under a warm tap and leave to dry. The paint on the web and the print on the material seems unaffected. I was advised not to 'rub' the paint after soaking, I tried and it seemed fine.

Excellent, thanks! My SP suit should be arriving this week. I just need to attach the webs and then I'll be all set. Glad to hear the webs and suit are holding up!

Sean

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back