Dave Hester Fired from "Storage Wars" - claims show is faked

I've heard from years that they do pad the storage lockers with good stuff for the entertainment value. Quite frankly, there is no reality TV show. It's practically Heisenbergian.

(Invented a new word!)

All reality shows are faked to some extent, which is why I refuse to watch any of them, along with the fact that 99.99% them are pure crap.

Ya there is always some behind the influence on every reality show. Besides Dave is annoying anyway.

All reality shows are faked to some extent, which is why I refuse to watch any of them, along with the fact that 99.99% them are pure crap.

This agree with. In fact, this is something I've learned not just about reality TV, but with documentaries as well. The fact of the matter is that most of the drama that is shown is through editing and pre-production (for example, you know those little dramatic breakouts in fighting amongst cast members in The Real World? Well, guess what? They purposefully cast people of different personalities that are more likely to cause conflicts that they can film). The same is true about documentaries, except that information can be purposefully manipulated to draw an emotional response. Believe it or not, the earliest documentary Nanook of the North is mostly fabricated. The woman who was cited as Nanook's "sister" in the documentary was actually his mistress. The scene where Nanook captures a seal is clearly fabricated (as eskimos switched from using harpoons to guns for hunting years before the documentary was made, and the struggle Nanook goes through to capture the seal is clearly faked, as the seal that is pulled out looks like it's not even alive).

That's why I don't take documentaries or reality TV at face value, and considering most of them works of fiction because they take what is "reality" and manipulate it not to be informative, but to invoke an emotional response (similar to any fictional narrative). I can thank film school for that (since they clearly told us this fact in our documentary film class and in our producing class).

Having been on a reality TV show, I can assure you...What makes it into the episode is probably a very skewed version of reality. :behave

He also alludes to a female "castmember" getting some A&E paid plastic surgery for the show. Brandi boob-job?

At least Hester is true to life, in that he's a *****. I'll give him props for being himself...

He also alludes to a female "castmember" getting some A&E paid plastic surgery for the show. Brandi boob-job?

At least Hester is true to life, in that he's a *****. I'll give him props for being himself...

He never said a female. He said "less than photogenic " cast members were offered money to get plastic surgery. That could be men and women both.

i doubt this lawsuit has anything to do with the show being rigged....

in september 2012 he was having issues with A&E over a contract offer......
'Storage Wars' Star -- I Need BIG MONEY or I'm Off the Show!! | TMZ.com

his pawn store shop in costa mesa, ca shut down a few months ago....he is now doing auctions.....
Newport Consignment Gallery - CLOSED - Costa Mesa, CA

im sure he was aware of the show being scripted from the beginning...since he cant have piece of the pie anymore...maybe he is trying to shut it down so no one can.....

i found this on another forum......

"Hired Hester to appraise my recently deceased grandmothers estate which was at a storage facility. Hester lied and stated he was licensed, bonded and insured as an appraiser which he is not. Hester arrived at the storage facility and indicated he forgot his "LOOP" and that the lighting was not good enough to make the appraisal at the facility and would have to take the complete estate to his warehouse in Orange to make a proper legal appraisal. He took the property the next day and sold it at his auction house for at total of $5,000 when the property was worth, according to Hester when he first gave me an EDUCATED guess what the estate might be worth, $60,000.00. Hester did not have permission to sell any of the estate let alone did not have a written or verbal contract. He tells the police that we had a verbal contract which placed the complaint into a civil matter rather than criminal. When he auctioned the estate off he apparently had a private auction with just his friends and let his friends buy the property for next to nothing and then Hester would buy back the property from his friends and resell the property at a different auction house in a different county. I filed a civil suit against Hester in the Orange County Superior Courts in California and he indicated that he would file bankruptcy if I were to get a judgement against him which would wipe out my money judgement. Hester also never gave me any of the proceeds that he collected but instead sent me a bill for $5000 for wrapping and packaging up the estate to be taken to his warehouse."

you can still rape him even if he files bankruptcy. anything he makes as a living can be taken by the courts. it happens all the time.

Also he got paid to be on a fake show. he knew what he got into and make some extra money for his own company. Dave you a big cry baby? Yuuupppp!

I sometimes have that show or the other similar ones on while I work on the computer. It is always ridiculous. I always like when they find something and take it to be appraised by an expert and then suddenly they show on screen how much "profit" they made from winning the auction. Wait a minute, just because something appraised at $1000 doesn't mean that it sold it for that much in their shop.

It has to be fake. I refuse to believe that they find abandoned valuables week after week in storage units.

They aren't at a complete loss when they buy their lockers because they're essentially getting paid to bid higher on them. No wonder the extras on the show can't seem to outbid the cast.

On Dave Hester, this is wonderful news. I absolutely can't stand the guy. Always upbidding people even though he had no interest. Sure a tactic to give your competition less money toward a future locker you may bid on, but I couldn't do that to someone who genuinely wanted it. That's just being a pr**k. I can't wait for him to be gone.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back