Studio Scale Landspeeder project

It's alright, the Speeder is the farm's workhorse so no probs for the dents...now about that other speeder in the garage?...don't touch that one:behave

Funny enough, my dad worked for the company that build the fullsize Landspeeders (Also the vaporators, Y-Wing and Snow speeders) but after the movies were done. Anyway, I got to know the owner well and asked about them. Turns out they were GUTTED when they saw the Landspeeder in the movie and in not way appreciated it's beat up appearance. They were car designers by trade (the company was Ogle Design in Letchworth) and had spent a crazy amount of time and effort making it perfectly clean. I've seen pics of it when delivered and it was just white primer, with (If I remember correctly) a full dome and red seats. But very very clean and neat. I don't think they had done 'movie' work before :)

Well, prior to Star Wars, SF vehicles and environments were never dirtied down. They were always pristine and clean. That "used, lived in look" is one of the concepts that Lucas innovated with Star Wars.

The 2001 A Space Odyssey space ships had the "used, lived in look" also...ILM was inspired by them;)

Yes, this is true, and I was wondering who would call me out on that. Even so, nothing to the degree of wear and tear that Star Wars used, of course. :). Point of fact: Doug Trumbull had a team of guys that included John Dykstra on Silent Running, which also used the technique.

- - - Updated - - -

And let's not forget Derek Meddings & Co., who pioneered that look to a degree with the Anderson shows.

10376938_10152491256168156_1358986118268913782_n.jpg

Landspeeder front copy.jpgI Hope you have a List of people that ant one of these. I PMed you about a year ago so please have me on the list , Here is Mine!!!!!!
Thanks,
AL
Finished Speeder wide copy.jpg
Landspeeder back copy.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back