Studio Scale Landspeeder project

AWESOME!

The way it looks, is that the trunk lid could always be there, held down by the head rests. Then, to allow for a 3P0 figure, remove the head rests and lift off the trunk lid. Cool? Then everyone is happy? (y)thumbsup

Yep! We will have it be a removable panel. How can it NOT be?

There will be some 1/6th scale Easter eggs to fit inside that "trunk" area. Joke model making - it's irresistible.

AWESOME! :D

In that weird cutscene where 3P0 was driving the speeder and Luke is working on something back there and asks 3P0 "How's that?" (3P0 answers "Ah, yes that's better.") Was there something behind his seat in the trunk that needed adjustment? Was that where he was tinkering?

My nerd question for the day.... ;)

EDIT - Found the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQBeIN6IJCQ

Last edited:
I think he probably adjusted that spring tensioner on the throttle - you know, like a lawn mower engine? :lol

Isn't the studio model in 1/4 scale? I thought that was why the Six Million Dollar Man toys were used; they're a bit larger than the GI Joes or Kens that were also around. Closer to 1/5, but still better than figures clearly 2/3rds the size they should be.

Just asking! :)

Isn't the studio model in 1/4 scale? I thought that was why the Six Million Dollar Man toys were used; they're a bit larger than the GI Joes or Kens that were also around. Closer to 1/5, but still better than figures clearly 2/3rds the size they should be.

Just asking! :)

Shhhhhhhh.... There'll be more interest if the kits are scaled to 1:6.;)

Whatever the original measurements are? I believe its 1/6th? The Six Million Dollar Man figure wasn't that much bigger than a GI Joe.

Nothing is as important as keeping the sand out of your Schlitz! :lol

Ok, I know the measurements in 'Star Wars to Indy' need to be taken with a grain of sand... er.. salt, but they're pretty much in the ballpark for 1/4 scale (402cm full-size, 97cm miniature), and no-where near 1/6. Also there's a pic in Chronicles showing a 6" ruler near the miniature's engine, which looks to me to be roughly 12" long and to be about 1/3 the length of the whole model.

Plus, SAG gives a length of 38", not 26.

See? Lorne sez! So there! :p :lol

Ready for some sexy?
pic%201.jpg

pic%202.jpg

pic%203.jpg

pic%204.jpg

pic%205.jpg

pic%206.jpg

pic%207.jpg

pic%208.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back