p4031123.jpg

p4031125.jpg

p4031126.jpg

p4031117.jpg

p4031128.jpg

p4031127h.jpg

p4031119.jpg

Last edited:
A Lot of cool stuff popping up on the forum of late. Im in for one for sure.
Was the first ship I wanted as a kid, remember begging mum to buy it:lol
You could always get the droid's printed if you wanted a complete model, and luke is an austin action figure or something?? My opinion only but theres no reason why you can go true to SS. Only a bit more work as opposed to an idealised model. But yer very early stages yet lots to do and its looking great so far. Well done.

But the studio scale model is cruder compared to the 1:1 - you want cruder/simplified?
I don't! ;)

That droid looks killer!
Thanks for the pics, Frank!

Thanks, yeah, some aren't done yet - the notches in the grill... did both 1:1 speeders have 'em? Were we to believe they were broken out sections? always wondered about that.

It does appear that both the miniature and FS had the notches in the grill. Not sure about the other 1:1 speeder

Last edited:
Are you talking about the lip back here at the end of the cockpit oval?

One of the lips I am referring to is the raised frame under the headrest of the seat. If you look at the left and right bottom corners of the headrest, the depth of the 'cargo area' (or oval) appears narrower than at the center of the headrest. It also appears to have a taper from the back of the cargo area angling down to the front (headrest).

The other lip I meant is in the next attached pic. Along the top ridge there is a minor "step"

Hope this Helps:)

Last edited:
I have a real dumb question, so please forgive me if its already been addressed somewhere....

When C-3P0 sits behind Luke, where do his legs go? Was one of the speeders different than this one pictured?
studio-scale-landspeeder-project-000_0480-vi.jpg-136208d1357921043

Wouldn't the area behind the head rests be hollowed out to accommodate 3P0's legs? Was it maybe a cover that could be removed there? Or was there a version where this area was hollowed out?

Cool!

In that second, little pic it looks like the head rests were removed. Maybe the head rests could hold down the 'trunk' cover?

Jason it would rock if you could make that recessed section behind the headrests hollow with a removeable lid for 3POs legs to fit down into. That way it could be displayed with or without figures.

No trunk in this one at all! Thats a great idea!
Then we need to make the LO-RES R2 and Threepio!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back